Jump to content


Gruppe IB
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About carrpet

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Interests
    Porsche engineering, Salmon Fishing, Golf

Previous Fields

  • Current 911
    1989 930 G50 66, K27 7200, Fabspeed Long Neck Intercooler, Fabspeed twin pipe exhaust, Classic Retrofit Ignition & Fuse board owner since 1997
  • Daily Driver
    BMW X5
  • Day Job?
  • Drink?
    Bordeaux, St. Julien, Talbot

Recent Profile Visitors

389 profile views
  1. Les what is the spec for cold and warm tickover rpm ? It would be easy to disable your CSV if you want to isolate the CSV contribution.
  2. I split my G50 with the engine and gearbox out of the car about 9 months ago.. You do need to pull out the pivot shaft for the fork mechanism to remove the gearbox but I have seen a video on youtube of someone reinstalling a G50 with the engine in the car. It may have been a partial drop. I will have a look in a second as my car is over the pit now so I can give you a more informed view Peter
  3. I have a question ! I am going to use the 0 - 5V analogue outputs from my AEM fuel pressure and UEGO gauges to interface with microsquirt. As I am running these lines from under the dashboard to the rear of the car, can I use the same wire and connect the two zero volts lines from each of the gauges, on my wiring harness ?
  4. Electrics I am planning to use one of the 2 spare fuses in the Engine Compartment fuse box. As I don't have a heated rear screen or rear wiper motor there are 2 fuses I can use for an "always-on" fused 12v supply I also have an ignition switched 12v positive going to the Yellow Relay, so I plan to install a second round relay next to the "magic" yellow relay as I already have 2 pre-cut holes for a standard Porsche relay socket. I will therefore use the ignition switched 12 positive to energise the relay coil then pick up the fused 12v supply to drive microsquirt, all of the sensors a
  5. The overall plan is as follows; Procure the parts Select optimal installation point for each sensor Install all the sensors Install MicroSquirt and create wiring harness Calibrate sensors Map the existing Bosch WUR Possible rolling road to benchmark Install DWUR Re-map with MicroSquirt Possible rolling road to re-benchmark
  6. This is how I installed the CHT adapter Remove the exhaust (you can see the Titanium nuts and the Stainless Steel hex head barrel nuts which make it very easy in one of the pictures) Marked the tip plate using a scribe and the dimensions provided by TurboKraft but extended the 4mm slot to take the full width of the inverted T shaped anodised aluminium heat conductor plate Used a dremel to cut the vertical slot Fabricated a dual layer 2* 2mm thick 318 stainless capping strip with the second 2mm layer at installed at both ends to cope with the corrugation in the tin pla
  7. The first point to note is that there are no photographs of the adapter with the turbocharger scavenger pump installed on the end of the camshaft. If there had been you would discover that those 2 allen headed bolts you can see in the second picture, which attach the sensor adapter to the adapter "conductor plate" are jammed up against the aux oil pump meaning the adaptor cannot be removed once the oil pump is installed. The instructions also suggest that you can install the CHT sensor with the engine in the car by following this installation process. Hmmm - there are 2 threaded inserts i
  8. The first sensor to be installed is the Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor. As previously mentioned I decided to go for the TurboKraft CHT adapter which fits to CH3. Here are the instructions (I will point out the flaws in this in a minute!). You can see the installer has given the 3mm aluminium adapter/conductor plate a fair thwack with a hammer to get that gnarled finish on the outer surface !
  9. I can always shear a few studs for you to drill and tap if you wish !! It took 30 minutes max to get the LH exhaust off !
  10. TurboKraft CHT sensor will be installed mechanically tomorrow. Exhaust has been removed ! Titanium studs and nuts do make the job nice and easy !
  11. I have now ordered the DWUR and all of the sensors so will continue updating when the parts arrive and I will post photographs of each sensor installation ! I have also purchased MicroSquirt and Tuner Studio / Data Base analysis package which has now arrived. I will install the MS module behind the plastic cover next to my CDI+ module. I have decided to go for the Cylinder Head temperature installation on No.3 CH based on the fact that this is generally regarded as the hottest CH and also Porsche use CH3 when CH temperature is required. The PET for my 930.66 has a CHT sensor for
  12. Hi D, Great input. I have ordered the appropriate sensor its just a case of finding an optimal place to install it in #3 cylinder head Peter
  13. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/1077720-porsche-930-frankencis-installation.html#post11098681 More responses from flightlead404 on Pelican
  14. Response from Mike Polljonker from Dkubus IAT location Personally I think the best location for the intake temperature sensor is after the core of the intercooler and before the throttle plate. This way the temperature is as close as possible to what the engine will actually breathe. Map sensor location Map sensor is quite a lot more flexible choice, but one thing is for sure it must be post throttle (after the throttle plate in the intake manifold) otherwise you'll never see vacuum at the sensor. If the sensor connects with a small hose (lik
  15. Thanks Phill http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/1077720-porsche-930-frankencis-installation.html More 930 specific installation details from flightlead404.
  • Create New...