Trackday Insurance

Peter Aston

I've had a quote for the trackday insurance of £110 and a £2k excess from Moris.co.uk (thanks Jev and Gary). Sounds a bit steep, but it is still worth it, just in case!

Since my day to day insurance with Lancaster isn't due until quite a bit later in the year, and the fact that they have excrutiating penalty clauses for opting out early it is not an option to go with another insurer for the day to day insurance just yet.

Having said that, I hope that this years premium will be substantially cheaper than previously since my IB will be 20 years old. From browsing any insurance posts in the past, it seems that I'm paying somewhat over the odds at the moment.

Thanks for the advice guys

Edited by heckschleuderer

One-off insurance is always expensive Gordon and it will be loaded since it's your first trackday. Worth it ? Depends on your outlook I suppose. If you're unfortunate enough to seriously biff the car it'll look cheap. I personally can't really enjoy the day properly unless I know I'm covered :twocents:

• 1 month later...

just to add to this , I'm insured with Hegarty with a premium of £200 for classic insurance 5k miles etc etc , any track day I want to do costs 10% of the premium plus an admin charge , total for Lemans was £22 with £1500 xs (Track day xs not normal)

Edited by longman