Blackbird's Maiden Voyage.

Jammo

She lives...........

Just came back from 'the road test' now the old girl is finished. RUF wheels where beyond my meagre means so went for 7.5 and 9X16 Azev a's (as a Coxy recommendation).

Seems stable and strangely quieter on the wind noise - looks nice too. :yahoo: Unless my ears are shot from last night's BBQ.

A picture for your perusal.

RUFFront.jpg

Regards

Jammo. :lol:

Edited by Jammo

Very nice Jammo looks great :cool: more pics is a must do mate

Yeah nice one Kev, at last hey. :ani_clapping: Side view please. (now wait for some comments on "The Fuchs look better")

Superb :signs118: let's see some more pics then !

Any idea how much weight you've saved over the orginal bumpers and fittings ?

Edited by MaxDiesel

Thanks for the comments so far....... :blush: yet more pics - car covered in sea dust though.

Here goes.

RUF4.jpg

RUF1.jpg

RUF2.jpg

RUF3.jpg

Not too sure on the weight yet, though the new front was very light. Twas either some 9 Fuchs £££££ :o RUF's :o:o or these puppies, complete with tyres - should keep me out of trouble for a while.

All done now - until a rear one I suppose.

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Yes, did have a tad of touch initially John - took to the rear with the baseball bat now (rolled) and have created enough 'gap', though still pretty close, but no fouling. Just got my Son and his mate (both of the proverbial shithouse builds and tanked up with the local brew) one in the front and the other curled up in the back and took it for a spin.

After a 10 mile jaunt (inc 2 stops for thier convienience) we got back OK with no rubbing - halle'looyah!!!!!

They are now sleeping it off in the garden, I feel a hosepipe jobby coming on. :lol::o

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Hi,

I may well be doing the rear bumper - but not just yet. Every time I finish something I end up thinking, oooh what about doing this - or that? I think, now this bit is done, I will just drive her now, well until either the real urge takes over or next winter.

I just wish I could be happy and get on with it :rolleyes: driving that is - and not in the garage.

But the real answer is yes - but after a summer of driving.

Regards

Jammo. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I may well be doing the rear bumper - but not just yet. Every time I finish something I end up thinking, oooh what about doing this - or that? I think, now this bit is done, I will just drive her now, well until either the real urge takes over or next winter.

I just wish I could be happy and get on with it :rolleyes: driving that is - and not in the garage.

But the real answer is yes - but after a summer of driving.

Regards

Jammo. ;)

[/quote

That is a good looking Car you got now. The rearend will come in time, it's the front that does it :signs118:

Happy drive.

Right now I'm sitting in my car seeing Le Mans with a Projekter ,projekted up on the garagedoor. :blush:

See "this is how I see Le Mans"

Best Regards

Brian

Edited by Brian911s

Hi 9hellheaven, thanks

No spacers required, just wheels on,,,, little tight on the rear but I would like to fit arch extensions and then really widen them out, but cant find any that I like, or if I like them - cant find where they are from.

Hanging baskets :unsure:

I can only see trees?

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Hi Semprini27,

Apparently the under lip is the most important bit of the mod. I, as usual, scoured the earth for the part but only found conveyer belting suggestions. I made mine from shortened (in depth) original impact bumper lower valance lip, in fact the one from my original front end - took a little fanwandangling but looks and works superb and very low.

Pretty stiffish to so doesnt just buckle under wind pressure.

Although it may be just me, the car seems more 'planted' at speed and definately lower wind noise too.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Hi Semprini27,

Apparently the under lip is the most important bit of the mod. I, as usual, scoured the earth for the part but only found conveyer belting suggestions. I made mine from shortened (in depth) original impact bumper lower valance lip, in fact the one from my original front end - took a little fanwandangling but looks and works superb and very low.

Pretty stiffish to so doesnt just buckle under wind pressure.

Although it may be just me, the car seems more 'planted' at speed and definately lower wind noise too.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Cool, thanks. I just won me a RUF replica front end from Ebay so I'll do this mod soon ! Stay tuned for the Blackbird Targa !!!