Impact Bumpers
Aldo

New Speedster owner on IB

Hi All,

I am a new Speedster owner, Geoff Booth from PCGB told me about this place so I thought I would join you all,

Hopefully I will see some of you around over the coming months and years,

I only have a photo of the car that I took for the insurance company at the moment as the car is off having some restoration work done to the paintwork,

Cheers,

Al

post-3584-1250867072_thumb.jpg

Looks nice Al. :cool:

Welcome - no doubt you will be asked for loads more pictures, nice to see them when you get the chance.

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Cheers Guys,

As you can see there is not much wrong with her but I just want to get her mint as I will be keeping her so she will be in the restoration shop having a full respray for the next 6 weeks,

I have a few more pics but will upload a lot more when I get her back,

Al

post-3584-1250870699_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1250870735_thumb.jpg

Welcome Al, I hope that you will enjoy plenty of driving and good chats on the forum.

Fred

Welcome aboard Aldo. Your Speedster looks like the one advertised on Pistonheads recently, tasty car.

Welcome aboard Aldo. Your Speedster looks like the one advertised on Pistonheads recently, tasty car.

Hi Tripe,

Yes I have only had it for a few weeks, I went to Ireland with a friend of mine who restores cars to buy it and we drove back. It was a good little adventure :)

Al

Great looking car you have there Al. Looking forward to reading all about it, don't forget to keep the pics coming.

Bob

Great looking car you have there Al. Looking forward to reading all about it, don't forget to keep the pics coming.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I only have the crappy underground car park pics for you at the moment, the respray/restoration will be well documented so I should have some interesting photo's for you all soon,

BTW: Does anyone know where I can get a second hand airbox cover? Or/and give me some advice on this product: Induction Kit 3.2 Carrera 5-8bhp http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/pors..._induction.html I do not believe the 5-8 horses claim but just wondered if it will make my Speedster sound a bit more throaty

Cheers,

Al

post-3584-1250880216_thumb.jpg

Nice car and I really like that colour combination but does it really need a respray ?

Try http://www.mbscarparts.com/ or PM Tripe off here for any bits you need ,wasting your money with the induction kit imho

Stick a nice back box on it and get it remapped

Edited by MrPerkles

Welcome Aboard...

Love the interior colour it complements the silver bodywork.

Welcome "on board "

Silver with red trim - Nice :ani_clapping:

Kieran

Edited by Kieran T

Nice car and I really like that colour combination but does it really need a respray ?

Try http://www.mbscarparts.com/ or PM Tripe off here for any bits you need ,wasting your money with the induction kit imho

Stick a nice back box on it and get it remapped

Cheers Mr Perkles,

As far as the respray is concerned, the honest answer is no, I could smoke it around in for a few years as it is with no worries and if the truth be known it makes sense to do that especially in London traffic with all the little knocks that can come along with driving here, but it has some small thing on nearly every panel that could do with a touch up such as a stone chip or a small scrape so I want to just make her as near to new as possible and then any little marks that she picks up will be my fault.

I plan to keep this car so I kind of thought why not do it now.

As for the back box and remap I will be doing that but once again as I plan to keep the car I will be doing that in a few years as I want something to look forward too :)

Thanks again,

Al

Welcome Aboard...

Love the interior colour it complements the silver bodywork.

Cheers mate, I will be putting the original steering wheel back on it which is also in ox blood so it should add to the effect,

Welcome "on board "

Silver with red trim - Nice :ani_clapping:

Kieran

Thanks Kieran, sorry to be nicking a Speedster from you guys over there in the Emerald Isle, please don't hold it against me :)

Aldo,

Fantastic looking car, one of my favourite 911's in the best colour. Welcome.

Couldn't help but noticing a previous owners added a few non-standard items:

- 964/993 mirrors

- 993 Targa spoiler/high level break light

- 993 RS replica wheel

Are you going to revert to the original spec?

Be good to see the car at some point.

Greg

Aldo,

Fantastic looking car, one of my favourite 911's in the best colour. Welcome.

Couldn't help but noticing a previous owners added a few non-standard items:

- 964/993 mirrors

- 993 Targa spoiler/high level break light

- 993 RS replica wheel

Are you going to revert to the original spec?

Be good to see the car at some point.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the kind words, I plan to use the car so I will keep the high level break light/spoiler and tear drop mirrors for a while as I think they suit the car (even if not original I have plenty of time to change them) but the RS steering wheel is going as I was given the original which is in ox blood and I think it will look better than the RS one while at the same time help with the unassisted steering with its larger diameter.

I'm sure I will bump into you at some point and if you are ever coming to London PM me and I will buy you a coffee :)

Cheers,

Al

What will be happening with the steering wheel you are replacing Al? :whistling:

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Looks great Aldo, am sure the Celtic Tiger will miss it.

Personally, I think the later mirrors really suit the Speedster and I like high level brake lights on these cars. Not a big fan of those 993 wheels though so glad that is offski.

What will be happening with the steering wheel you are replacing Al? :whistling:

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Make me an offer! It is mint and they are £200 new :)

Looks great Aldo, am sure the Celtic Tiger will miss it.

Personally, I think the later mirrors really suit the Speedster and I like high level brake lights on these cars. Not a big fan of those 993 wheels though so glad that is offski.

I know we all want to keep our cars original but I think high level brake lights are a must in any car that is going to be driven in stop/go city traffic and I do not like the ugly high level light that was put on the US spec Speedsters so until I find a way to hide little red LEDs in the engine grill the spoiler/brake light will be staying.

I also prefer the tear drop mirrors and agree that they suit the car but I guess I will replace them with the original transit van type ones eventually.

Cheers,

Al

Edited by Aldo

Thanks Kieran, sorry to be nicking a Speedster from you guys over there in the Emerald Isle, please don't hold it against me :)

Aldo

This is quite a big island ! - mind you , you'll have to take a trip back here (post respray) - those leprechauns have long memories :D

Kieran

Just came across this old post. Can't believe how long I have had the old girl. How you all doing? 

Good to see you still have the speedster ,how many miles have you put on it in 10 years ? think I seen your old turbo going through an auction recently

16 hours ago, Mondrian said:

Still waiting to see the proper post respray pics

😂

Ha ha I have been busy. I will have to upload some:)

6 minutes ago, lexz32 said:

Good to see you still have the speedster ,how many miles have you put on it in 10 years ? think I seen your old turbo going through an auction recently

Not many mate last MOT was around 18 months ago and realised I did 40 miles in that period when I got a new MOT a few weeks ago. I have two businesses and two children so not much time to play and when I do no back seats means the children normally come out in the 968. I took my youngest out in it on Sunday as I got it new front tyres which were full for tread but 2003s :) I will be using sit more as love it just kind of got distracted for a few years. 

Edited by Aldo