Speedster Respray

Aldo

Hi All,

I thought you may want to see a few of the respray photo's. They are still stripping and preparing but I will post some more once they start with the paint,

Cheers,

Al

post-3584-1251476719_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1251476759_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1251476802_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1251476826_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1251476909_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1251477066_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aldo

Crikey, so its not just a quick blow over then,

Looks a very clean car going by the 'in bits' pics you won't want to drive it when its done.

LOL - Trust me I will be using it a lot. (If it is not raining or snowing :) )

What a great looking car; I love Speedsters.

Also loving the SEC behind it (or is it just an S?).

I heard back from from the boys today and they do have a SEC in so it is probably that,

Cheers,

Al

Edited by Aldo

• 4 weeks later...
OK I now have an update for you all. The paint is on and now they are flattening the lacquer before polishing.

How cool does that look (in the picture on the left). I think your should leave the windscreen off. :cool:

Edited by Lesworth

Bet your are happy to know that your mirrors are going to a good home :)

I am mate, glad they were of help. :)

On this note, I was clearing some of the bunker out and in the area were my other half packed the mirrors for you I found a mirror to door mounting rubber gasket. Is/was this from the mirrors we sent you?

If it is do you need me to mail to you or have you sorted it?

Could be from another job, but here if it is needed.

Regards

Jammo. ;)

How cool does that look (in the picture on the left). I think your should leave the windscreen off. :cool:

It is only a few bolts so I may one day just for the hell of it. Think it would turn a few heads down the Kings road looking like that.

I am mate, glad they were of help. :)

On this note, I was clearing some of the bunker out and in the area were my other half packed the mirrors for you I found a mirror to door mounting rubber gasket. Is/was this from the mirrors we sent you?

If it is do you need me to mail to you or have you sorted it?

Could be from another job, but here if it is needed.

Regards

Jammo. ;)

Not sure. I will email the boys at the paint shop and ask if they have one there. I will let you know,

Thanks mate,

Al

• 1 month later...

OK we are getting there, popped down to the paint shop yesterday to drop off my stainless steel exhaust (cheers Kev) and managed to get a picture of the car in the middle of them putting it all back together. It is a cr@p image as it was early in the morning (too much traffic between Docklands and Chiswick after 9am) so the shop was closed and a bit dark,

Better photos to follow once it is finished, it feels like it has been away forever and I am going to get her back just in time for the winter, but that is not the end of the world because I will not be putting her to bed for the winter as I feel that there are too many nice driving days available in our current winters (who said that global warming was all bad),

post-3584-1257068779_thumb.jpg

lovely Aldo and glad to see you arent scared to drive although I would give winter salted roads a miss .Speedsters are amazing cars when you see them on the road they have real presence :signs118:

I make you right on the salt thing, but I have the other cars to take out on when the gritters have been about, I will be planning to use her at least once a week if possible as I don't think cars like dogs in that they need their exercise or they get all cranky,

Love the speedster Aldo my favourite 911 by a mile waiting for it to be finished is murder, no doubt desperate for a drive silver car with the wheels in a RSR finish would look cool IMO

:signs85:

I think I will keep the wheels as standard but you are right that would look cool.

I am looking forward to getting behind the wheel. I have never had a 911 before and not really got to drive the one I now have, but I know from this place that waiting is a part of having an old 911 as I am sure we have all had times when our cars have been off the road for one reason or another.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost there. Herbie the Speedster is almost ready and just having a wash and brush up before I collect her in a few hours time. They have just sent me a photo but it is from a phone so not great quality. I will post some more pics and a few things that we learned along the way within the next few days.

post-3584-1258021251_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aldo

You must be very excited by now! Mine has been in the shop for a fortnight having some rectification done and is due back this weekend or early next week and it's felt like ages! Have fun in it :) Not sure you're going to have the best weekend for it this weekend though.