Speedster Respray

Aldo

You must be very excited by now! Mine has been in the shop for a fortnight having some rectification done and is due back this weekend or early next week and it's felt like ages! Have fun in it :) Not sure you're going to have the best weekend for it this weekend though.

You are not wrong about the weather we just got in after spending 2 hours in rush hour traffic while it poured down, roof kept the rain out which is unusual for a speedster,

Still enjoyed the ride home, I was probably the only one in that traffic with a big smile on my face :)

I now have her home again. Picked the car up today and I was expecting her to run a little rough due to being laid up for so long but she was running better than ever which may be due to the mods that I added (stainless steel exhaust and drilled airbox cover) or maybe it was just the cold air,

The paint shop guys said they could not believe how rust free the car was as they did not find any and even the exhaust which we took off to replace with a stainless steel one looked almost new, we are not sure if this was common with all Speedsters as they tend not to get used in the wet due to the leaky roofs or if it had something to do with this car living in Singapore for a long time.

We also learned that there are two types of flag mirrors, type A (pre 1987) and type B 1987 to 1989. If you ever want to change your flag mirrors it is worth noting this as you need the right ones for the right cars.

Thanks for all the input you guys gave me from the very start of this project right through to the end, it was a great help and I have learned a lot along the way, I would also like to thank Kevin (Jammo), Gary (lexz32) and Jeremy (Tripe) for helping me out with some of the many parts that were needed.

Thanks again to you all, now where are those keys :)

A few more photo's from today.

post-3584-1258063234_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1258063252_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1258063301_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aldo

Awesome Aldo, love it in silver. Bet you're itching to use it.

The best traffic jam ever was sat in traffic in the rain at the dartford bridge after picking my one up when I bought it. Sat sending pic messages to my car mates of the dash!

Thanks chaps,

Yes well pleased, it was not bad going in but looks spot on now. I know most of you have been here so you know how it feels to want to get out in your car after it has been away from home but rain stops play here at the moment, (My poor dog must be wondering why we have to patrol the underground car park after every walk only to stop and stare at the same car over and over again :) )

I think the Z1 will be on the subs bench for most of the summer,

Al

I've just had a thought that it is only right that I should mention the guys who did the work, good body shops are hard to find and this is one I can recommend: http://www.gvncoachworks.com/ Ask for Gerald.

Now I need to find a good group of guys in the London area to look after the rest, I'm thinking about using my OPC for servicing and an Independent for any other work.

post-3584-1258149364_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aldo

I've just had a thought that it is only right that I should mention the guys who did the work, good body shops are hard to find and this is one I can recommend: http://www.gvncoachworks.com/ Ask for Gerald.

Now I need to find a good group of guys in the London area to look after the rest, I'm thinking about using my OPC for servicing and an Independent for any other work.

Wow. I can't believe the number of stunning car's featured on here over the last few weeks.

You must be very excited by now! Mine has been in the shop for a fortnight having some rectification done and is due back this weekend or early next week and it's felt like ages! Have fun in it :) Not sure you're going to have the best weekend for it this weekend though.

Weather's crap the whole world over. Clouding over here in Australia too. :whistling:

cloudy.jpg

Edited by The Preacher

• 2 weeks later...