Classic Le Mans 2010 - 9-11 July

Chris_911

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just called my Porsche Centre in Tonbridge and asked if they would stamp the application form. I have spent nothing more than pennies on the odd bits and bobs there, but they will stamp the form nonetheless. Good people!

I think I wil buy the "Porsche Clubs Pack" for EUR170 which give you access to the Porsche hospitality. The beer tokens included also buy ice creams which is probably a bigger bonus. Best of all IMHO is the access to grandstands for the whole weekend which is a big plus.

I am also wondering who did the Saturday morning track laps last time and if it was worthwhile?

Here is an invite i got from Prosche.. bit pricey but well organised 4 nights away...

I prefer to 'DIY' my trip but feel free to contact them if you are into being charparoned

Your Porsche Centre Nottingham Le Mans Experience 2010 includes:

· Overnight stay in UK based 4* hotel on Thursday evening including ‘Team Briefing’

· Outbound and inbound ferry crossings

· Race tickets including grandstand seats

· Secure campsite in grounds of private chateau 20 minutes from the circuit

· All camping equipment included and prepared for guest arrival

· Daily serviced sanitation (showers and toilets shipped from UK)

· All meals including full English breakfasts provided

· Private shuttle service to and from the race circuit

· Support teams including support and rescue vehicles and technicians

· Champagne receptions and hosted evening activities

· Complimentary car vinyls and professional car valeting service

£945 (ex VAT) per person

Best of all IMHO is the access to grandstands for the whole weekend which is a big plus.

The PCF package includes passes to the grandstand over the pits, not anywhere else as far as I remember

I am also wondering who did the Saturday morning track laps last time and if it was worthwhile?

I have done the track laps at the last 2 events. It's certainly expensive but great fun. 2006 was rather controlled, but 2008 was a virtually flat out blast, I managed to get my old 2.4S up to 135 on the Mulsanne. I shall be trying for 150 this year in the ST.

how many laps do they let you do? I did have the offer of doing them when i booked up but think they said £125? extra for 'parade' laps. I assumed that meant i could only cruise around so dismissed it.

I think i'd have a boner driving the Le Mans track in my own chariot. :blush:

I also got grandstand seats for only £17 on the pit straight.

The PCF package includes passes to the grandstand over the pits, not anywhere else as far as I remember

Fair point - thanks Nick

I don't see any consensus on le tunnel times, so I am looking at 0842 Friday 9th and 1950 Monday 12th. Total of £108.

I will be driving straight down going cross country from a little north of Rouen aiming for a lunch stop in some village or other. I won't be detouring across to Carpiquet.

i am on the 9.20am on the friday morning. Will look out for you on the way down as using same route. If i see a nice red 911 parked up at a little cafe will stop and buy you a coffee for all your good advice so far :)

i am on the 9.20am on the friday morning. Will look out for you on the way down as using same route. If i see a nice red 911 parked up at a little cafe will stop and buy you a coffee for all your good advice so far :)

You might need wings to catch up on a 30 mins head start fella :)

I will post a draft route much closer to time if you are interested. You could always arrive early for your train.

OK sorry if I'm being a bit thick, but to get into the pits, grandstands etc you need to buy in advance through a club or get your local Porsche dealer to rubber stamp the application?

You may be able to book these things through the ACO or the organisers directly, it's just so much easier through PCF. You can book through them without being a PCGB member or having a friendly dealer, you just pay around €20 more. Click on this link, it's pretty well explained (look at the second page as well)

You might need wings to catch up on a 30 mins head start fella :)

I will post a draft route much closer to time if you are interested. You could always arrive early for your train.

Heh, will peddle faster then ;) I am only 35-40mins from the tunnel so have some flexibility in turning up for trains. Hopefully will see a few fellow IB'ers milling around waiting to board.

I know the route as went to the 24hr last year but always good to hear of better routes around Rouen mess and travel with other 911's. :)