volt meter

gjhowell1

hi,i'm new to the forum, but i'v owned my 3.2 for ten years so i just thought i would pass on a good tip.get yourself a voltmeter fitted, on the way back from le mans a year or two ogo my battery was over charging unknowing to me i could not smell or tell anything was wrong untill my battery blew to bitts thanks to Carrol Nash insurance they transported me all the way home and strasse at leeds for the help i was given.as for repares i had to have battery,allarm system,alternator,dme control unit dme relay plus a lot of hassel not to mention the cost, R MUCH.i fitted my volt meter where the old casset box is in front of the gear leaver.just a thought i would pass on,gjh.

hi,i'm new to the forum, but i'v owned my 3.2 for ten years so i just thought i would pass on a good tip.get yourself a voltmeter fitted, on the way back from le mans a year or two ogo my battery was over charging unknowing to me i could not smell or tell anything was wrong untill my battery blew to bitts thanks to Carrol Nash insurance they transported me all the way home and strasse at leeds for the help i was given.as for repares i had to have battery,allarm system,alternator,dme control unit dme relay plus a lot of hassel not to mention the cost, R MUCH.i fitted my volt meter where the old casset box is in front of the gear leaver.just a thought i would pass on,gjh.

That's a nasty story. Thank the lucky stars the insurance covered the bill!

Have you any pics of your and of course the voltmeter installation?

Lastly, welcome!

I remember about 20 years ago a had a3.2 with a dodgy alternator, it would over charge, then give up, then be ok, then under charge, then be ok

I quickly installed a cheapy volt meter gauge straight across the battery and it gave me an idea of how deep in the shyte I was

Im sure a VDO one would look pucka where ever it was fitted

Looks neat. So one is volts, one is boost, what's the other one? And what are the switches? I do like basic switches, aircraft style.

Looks like it says fuel. I was more interested in the innovate box at the bottom of the pic!

Looks neat. So one is volts, one is boost, what's the other one? And what are the switches? I do like basic switches, aircraft style.

Fuel pressure Steveo, connected to the Begi FMU. Boost is also vacuum. The switches operate the two speeds of blower, heated rear screen, rear fog and power up the Innovate LM-1 AFR Meter.