'Super Carrera' decal maker

Ian Comerford

Okay, originality freaks looks away for a while :whistling: With a duck tail on the way thanks to Mr P I would like to get a small sticker made up similar to the ones on the 73 Carrera RS, but with a difference:

Super

Carrera 3.0

Obviously I would like it in the usual Carrera script but with the S and C in subtly different colours or filled in and the rest of the letters in outline. ANyone know somebody that can do this?

Thank you

Ian

PS IN case you didn't know it is widely believed that SC stood for Super Carrera, which of course is completely true :smartass:

Edited by Ian Comerford

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love it, great idea. Although a topic hotly debated, I believe Porsche have indeed agreed that's what it stands for, see www.100porschesandme.com

If you draw a blank over there I have a fella who does embossed lettering (corporate logo's) on the back of Espresso Machines here in the Republic of Ireland for me. We buy hundreds at a time though, setting up the initial moulds is very expensive. I know its probably something you'd like to be unique to your motor but it would get way cheaper if you signed up others as per the duck and poly windows co-operatives on here.

Regards

John.

EDIT- its a "signarama" branch I use, big American chain ("where the world goes for signs"), pretty sure if we have em here you must have em there....

Edited by Whippy930

Might be worth contacting this guy as he seems to have made up a lot to sell on ebay;

clicky

Great thanks, that's quite a website he has there www.porschedecalshop.com. PM'd him to ask if it is possible

Thanks

Ian

Thanks WHippy, will look into that if the other option doesn't work. For some reason the example I posted did not come out quite right as I wanted the Super to be above and behind the Carrera.

Regards

Ian

Edited by Ian Comerford

I can save you a bit of time there Ian, that lad only does flat stuff, no stand out/embossed lettering. I contacted him a while back re something similiar. Maybe he might now though.

Regards

Whippy.

was looking through that same e-bay shop last night when searching for a carrera label for the upcoming duck.

What makes you think his script isnt right? just from the ad pictures or someone you know whos bought one? Hard to tell in those small pics.

Would it be a 25cm long 'carrera' logo required for the duck? Looks about right proportionately from pics on pelican.

Edit: just looked on the highgate house site, some nice stuff on there and prices arent vastly different so would prob get from there.

Edited by Mjonzo

Sent an email to porschdecalshop and just had a reply, how's that for service. He's going to do a layup tomorrow and send it to me straight away. I'll post it on here once complete in case anyone else is interested

Ian

Ian,

Something like this? I can't find the real "Carrera" font - Porsche (copyright) I guess. A similar font called "Magneto" is also commercial and not available (though its not that similar actually).

SC3o.jpg

The long thin Porsche font is available on the net for free though.

J

Edited by ajd

HI James,

That's pretty good, thank you. What I have specified is all the same colour lettering but with the S and C in solid and the other letters in outline. This will then emphasise the SC. Can you do that?

Regards

Ian

In short - no, not really I'm afraid!

I don't have the Carrera font, so not easy to change - the above is just an original CarreraRSR script with bits added on. 5 min job in Word with Wordart.

I get the impression the Carrera font is very closely guarded by Porsche - it will be interesting to see what your guy can do - see if you can find out where he gets his fonts from!

I also did a 3.2, together with the original RSR (just a cut and paste from the highgatehouse site - which appears to have the best decals I've seen yet):

CarreraRSR-32decal.jpg

So you'll take one as well?

Ian

Ian

Having joined the " Duck" club and hammered the CC ( her indoors has yet to read the statement) - it is with deep trepidation I express my interest in yet another 911 ( do you really need that ?) purchase :rolleyes:

I like it

Kieran

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, had the first response from the guy making the decals and it is close but no cigar/banana/apple (pick one). I have attached (hopefully!!) the two options he sent and the one that is closest, to me, is option B. However I have asked him to do the initial S and C in solid letters and the rest of the two words in outline. W ill see what it looks like second time around.

Regards

Ian

post-7-1271187236.jpg

The Option B "S" looks like a late era font - correct for an SC?

Don't know what size might be thought appropriate either. Just had a measure up of a Carrera bonnet emblem for reference: 270mm length, the "C" is 35mm tall, the rest of the lettering is 23mm except the "e" with its lower swoop which is 24mm. Never noticed that before!

Edit: actually, comparing this Carrera emblem with the image just shows how off the font is - does he want a 100% sized scan of it?

The Option B "S" looks like a late era font - correct for an SC?

Don't know what size might be thought appropriate either. Just had a measure up of a Carrera bonnet emblem for reference: 270mm length, the "C" is 35mm tall, the rest of the lettering is 23mm except the "e" with its lower swoop which is 24mm. Never noticed that before!

Edit: actually, just looking at this Carrera emblem only shows how off the font is. Does he want a 100% sized scan of it?

Not sure SImon, I might recall a discussion somewhere that Porsche protects the script and it cannot be copied without their approval.