Tripe

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

964RS* or Houndstooth for me.

Quilted is nice but it's a little "now" and possibly slightly WCC.

* This may be as I have always liked this, ever since a week in Paris (family holiday, autumn half term 1991) as a 12 year old when the only reading material I had (in English) was the copy of Autocar & Motor (as was) with the review of the 964RS and that cornering shot on the cover.

Pascha would be cool :cool:

...and smell like an old Labrador when it gets damp. This car will have no roof so as and when it catches a shower (as it will) you want to be able to wipe it dry and carry on I would say. Driving along with a damp seat is no fun. BTDT.

Hmmm, found a UK website last night which offers a lot of the old Porsche seat fabrics, pascha included. Those seat squabs are only secured by velcro, it wouldn't take much extra effort to get a few sets made up in different fabrics, then I could try and keep everyone happy. Mrs T prefers the triple grey you see.

Need to keep one foot in reality here!

Your joking right ? Look at the thread title :rolleyes::D

Seriosly , there's a guy in the emerald isle has a line on this material , not from US , I can enquire if you want

Kieran

I'm not sure about Tartan in this project, it would look a bit mish mash I reckon, too busy. To be honest whileI said pascha above, and I love the crazyness of pascha, I dont think its the right cloth for an open car.

I reckon maybe something suede or alcantara ish.

ETA - just noticed I didnt say pascha, I said Houndstooth, I've no idea, I'm talking shoite. Tripe - do what you want, dont listen to us lot!

Edited by burgundyben

Hmmm, found a UK website last night which offers a lot of the old Porsche seat fabrics, pascha included.

where is the link to this site then, old chap?

pictures239Medium.jpg

And I think Mrs Tripe is right with the triple grey.

You're just a bloody creep you are.

Edit, Aldo thanks for the link to the ebay seats, but tombstones are out of the equation. The seat shells I picked up from Gary's tip-off have the same ribbing on the back as 964 RS, so want to make a go of those.

Mine

shellMedium.jpg

Original RS

recarocropped.jpg

FWIW 964 Speedster seat shells are different again, but beggars can't be choosers

speedsterseatshell.jpg

Boydy has been sharing his north of the border seat fantasy with me, but I think a pair of these in mine might be a bit much. :cool:

tartan.jpg