I believe there is a company somewhere, but not sure if it's in the UK or US? How much did you pay for a new one? I didn't think they were still available

My Independent Porsche man in Sussex told me over the phone that he hadnt seen one for a while and expect to pay probably £2000 for one if I coul source it.

Mine let me down while I was stuck in a terrible jam and a French Autoroute and I took the car to the nearest Bosche Diagnostic centre, a very small garage but father/Son. we idagnosed the fault together, he made a FEW phone calls and located an original in germany it arrived 2 days later the total bill for everything including French VAT was 1950 euro's I thought this wasnt bad at all.

But what to do if they do run out of supply ?????

I have the original one he3nce seeking to effect a repair.

Kevin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Independent Porsche man in Sussex told me over the phone that he hadnt seen one for a while and expect to pay probably £2000 for one if I coul source it.

Mine let me down while I was stuck in a terrible jam and a French Autoroute and I took the car to the nearest Bosche Diagnostic centre, a very small garage but father/Son. we idagnosed the fault together, he made a FEW phone calls and located an original in germany it arrived 2 days later the total bill for everything including French VAT was 1950 euro's I thought this wasnt bad at all.

But what to do if they do run out of supply ?????

I have the original one he3nce seeking to effect a repair.

Kevin

A search on Pelican or Rennlist would turn up the answer, i know i read somewhere they can be rebuilt. I have a brand new one in a box, and a perfectly working spare, was wondering what they might be worth...

The spare one i have was a similar story to yours, i was in Le Mans, the CDI unit went pop, there's a small Indie in Arnage and they had one for testing. I begged and begged them to let me buy it and they charged me £1k and kept my old one. Ouch!!

A lot of people go over to the MSD or Permatune boxes as they are much cheaper.

A search on Pelican or Rennlist would turn up the answer, i know i read somewhere they can be rebuilt. I have a brand new one in a box, and a perfectly working spare, was wondering what they might be worth...

The spare one i have was a similar story to yours, i was in Le Mans, the CDI unit went pop, there's a small Indie in Arnage and they had one for testing. I begged and begged them to let me buy it and they charged me £1k and kept my old one. Ouch!!

A lot of people go over to the MSD or Permatune boxes as they are much cheaper.

I know nothjing of MSD or permatune so would like to find out, but maybe I have had my horror story??