New CS owner

Fulla

Hi All I am the proud new owner of Alan Pole's CS and wanted to introduce myself. Due to holiday's I have only had the journey home from picking her up but I did take the long way around which took in M,A,and b roads. I also got torrential rain on the M25 which turned parts of it into a river!

First impressions are that it is a cracking car! I love the way it makes you feel you are part of the car. I also own a 993 C4S which now feels like a luxury GT compared to the stripped out CS.

I plan to get used to it over the last decent months of this year then store it from Nov-Mar (I live in London with no garage). Next year I hope to get it on track and perhaps even to europe.

I look forward to getting advice from this site and perhaps meeting some of you. So hello and here's to nice older cars with no fancy extra's, of and a sound track to die for!

Get it on the Snetterton gold track event on the 17th of August you will meet most the IB guys and I will be there in my new toy.

Cheers

Alan

PS When are you picking the rest of the stuff up ?

Get it on the Snetterton gold track event on the 17th of August you will meet most the IB guys and I will be there in my new toy.

Cheers

Alan

PS When are you picking the rest of the stuff up ?

I was hoping to get it on the 10th if ok with you? I have meetings in the morning and afternoon north of you. So thought I could stop by on my way back?

Hope you had a good holiday, the 993 was faultless in France.

Later in the day say 4.30 ish would be good as I am in Nantwich most of the day.

Hope your still enjoying it.

I am definately missing it as the Caterham is just not as practical. Got stuck on two speed bumps now in the last week

Edited by alpole

Photos would nice.............

Will get some up, is it easy to put do? If not I'll post a link to my flickr account. The pics will not be from me as I have yet to take any but will be from the previous owner Alan.

Will get some up, is it easy to put do? If not I'll post a link to my flickr account. The pics will not be from me as I have yet to take any but will be from the previous owner Alan.

Wait until you have your own pics, we've seen enough of Al's ;) LOL

dyno04.jpg

wow, liking those red twin RSR style centre pipes, very nice :cool: What system/back box is it?

Re: the noise, wouldnt mind hearing what they sound like, any chance of a you-tube style video of them in action ? Do you know what Db level they produce?

Great photo too !

wow, liking those red twin RSR style centre pipes, very nice :cool: What system/back box is it?

Re: the noise, wouldnt mind hearing what they sound like, any chance of a you-tube style video of them in action ? Do you know what Db level they produce?

Great photo too !

No idea on the system as it was done in Alan's ownership. I think it is a custom RS style from memory. Ref you-tube video I shall see what I can do. Will be at Porsche Polo event sunday if you are around. It is a mental exhaust which pop's on over run at times which is nice!

Great photo too !

From my last trip at Snetterton 98db capped and 104db with endcaps off.

The exhaust is an early style rally exhaust that has been modified and strengthened and is currently running ssi's and a heater back date with a two in 3 out set up.

Its nice !

dyno04.jpg

Nice car but wow, that rear valance is gash.

First job for me would be sorting one with exhaust cut outs with a bit of shape to them.

Apart from that it looks tip top.

Loving the twin centre exit look. Think thats something i'll need to get done soon. Is there a good 'standard ' backbox available like this or do i need a custom made one?

Also, whats the 'Caps' thing, how do they work? I have removable baffles on my 355 which works a treat but i'd be interested in something for the 911 just in case i get pulled on noise.

Loving the twin centre exit look. Think thats something i'll need to get done soon. Is there a good 'standard ' backbox available like this or do i need a custom made one?

Also, whats the 'Caps' thing, how do they work? I have removable baffles on my 355 which works a treat but i'd be interested in something for the 911 just in case i get pulled on noise.

The caps screw onto the twin rear exhaust pipes. The picture shows them off the car. They are very nice with one saying club the other sport! I'll see if I have some more pics I can show you.

thanks, how do they work then? I assume they reduce noise by restricting flow out of the tail pipes rather than capping them off completely?

There is still the side exit pipe as well so in effect you have a three out exhaust system. Because the car is running on an old style ssi heat exchanger the system has two inlet pipes and in effect with the end caps removed it virtually bypass's the back box. With the end caps on it forces the gas around the box exits out the single pipe which does not show on JG's picture and reduces the volume.

When I fitted the rear exhaust box it came off any early rallye Porsche and as the box was in excellent condition I did not cut it open to discover the workings so dont know what the internal gubbings look like. I did speak with Haywood and Scott prior to me selling the car to Fulla and they said they would replicate it for £500-£600 dependant on what they found when they dismantled the old one.

Does sound great though and give you the trackday flexibility.

you have a three out exhaust system.

Does sound great though and give you the trackday flexibility.

Ferry Man on DDK has a three exit on his ST rep.

On the dyno the difference between caps on and caps off was one bhp.

See here