I picked up my 930 today.....

rosco

:rolleyes:Attachments hi,a new member,i did ask a couple of questions regarding 4 and 5 speed boxes the other day on 930 and then went looking for a suitable car.i did find a nice one and just been waitting for my old car to be picked up. so today i picked up the new car.. a 1989 930 with a 5 speed box, up in stratford. bit sketchy servicing and a few faults but i wanted really good bodywork. figured i can replace mechanical bits but didnt really want to be chasing rust every year.well pleased apart from really bad brakes, pedal stiff but no bite and steering really heavy, a lot worse than my old 3.2 and my testarossa and believe me that was heavy.looking forward meeting up.

post-4704-1282941963_thumb.jpg

That car is amazingly similiar to mine, that interior/dash vents/seats/particularly door cards etc. is very like a 964 interior. Is that the later 930 interior? mine's a 79. if so did Porsche just lazily put the late 930/3.2 interior into the 964? Wouldn't surprise me....

clean9302.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

Car looks fabtastic! I'm surprised your steering is heavy, maybe someone can tell you what this is, mine isn't at all heavy, at least no more than any non-PAS 911s I've owned.

I know what you mean about the Testarossa. I had one and when parking you have to have the muscles of Arnie!! :lol:

Good luck and enjoy the beast.

Car looks fabtastic! I'm surprised your steering is heavy, maybe someone can tell you what this is, mine isn't at all heavy, at least no more than any non-PAS 911s I've owned.

I know what you mean about the Testarossa. I had one and when parking you have to have the muscles of Arnie!! :lol:

Good luck and enjoy the beast.

Come on Stuart, don't downplay how strong we all have to be the haul these beasts around the roads!

Rosco - you're probably just a little out of practice - soon you'll be parking her one handed like the rest of us - :cool:

Edited by Jim Rummy

found out its at the stg column / stg wheel .posted some pics in the steering and suspension section.taken all day to trace it.and when i loosen off my stg wheeel nut offf 1 turn all is ok. well for a non pas car, think someones added a homemade spacer / bush.

no, its seriously tight. had a 3.2 and know whats normal, parking tight but get a couple of miles an hour on them and ok.but the stg wheel is really really stiff. had a job to change lanes coming down m40 when picked up. can barely turn the wheel.

no, its seriously tight. had a 3.2 and know whats normal, parking tight but get a couple of miles an hour on them and ok.but the stg wheel is really really stiff. had a job to change lanes coming down m40 when picked up. can barely turn the wheel.

Can be a few things. Tie rods, column bearings or the UJs in the linkage are not adjusted properly. Fixable.

The 3.2 looks too low! Leave a bit more room with the Turbo - as you say.

Very very nice.

I didn't put them in there, the previous owner did nor am I a big fan of them but.... Bit of an ar*e hole thing to say though IMHO.... Actually, a lot of an Ar*e hole thing to say....

I thought this was supposed to be a happy, friendly place full of help and positivity, I see some sh*te on here but wouldn't make a comment like the one above about any of it...

Edited by Whippy930

I thought this was supposed to be a happy, friendly place full of help and positivity

The rest of your car looks good that these stood out.

You are right, should have kept the thought to myself.

Please accept my apologies.