Clutch gone? 3.2 G50

pouch

Got in the car tonight... no clutch?

The pedal seems to do nothing? yet it was fine last time I drove a few weeks ago?

I just reassembled the alternator and fan housing after getting the alternator re-conditioned.

Tonight was the first chance for a test drive ... started first time, no clutch??

Any ideas what's happened?

Hydraulic problem?

Cup of tea on the go and wading through some Clutch related posts.

I'll grab the Bentley and have a look through that, seems like a bleed maybe the pace to start?

I was planning to change the brake / clutch fluid, so may start there..

Cup of tea on the go and wading through some Clutch related posts.

I'll grab the Bentley and have a look through that, seems like a bleed maybe the pace to start?

I was planning to change the brake / clutch fluid, so may start there..

The list of jobs grows :rolleyes: 7mm spanner for the clutch bleed and a triple jointed arm helps :whistling:

How long ago was it when it was last working? Have you checked for a puddle of fluid?

What does the pedal feel like - very loose or just the same but doing nothing?

The feed for the clutch master comes out from half way up the brake fluid reservoir so if you have been running low then you might have sucked some air in but it would only really need to do that if it had a leak too.

Good luck dude - keep us posted.

Pedal feels the same, but doing nothing.

No fluid puddles that I have noticed.

Will pull the floorboard and check all is OK there

I'll check the fluid again today in the daylight... seems strange it could change whilst sitting a couple of weeks?

I'll check the fluid again today in the daylight... seems strange it could change whilst sitting a couple of weeks?

Yeah agree - For it to be a hydraulic issue id expect a puddle or loss of fluid somewhere if its been sat still. Bleed nipple*could have let some air in and not leave a puddle I guess but quite a random fail.

Can you get ya head under the car - if you get in the right position I think you can see the clutch movement through various inspection holes in the gbox case but you will need a helper to press the clutch.

Whats the actual symptoms - clutch down but cant get into gear?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies, my weekend was Hyjacked by the turbo blowing on my daily driver... which meant I got my hands (and drive) very oily over the weekend...

Anyway - I had to move the 911 so checked fluids (fine) and was crawling around by the pedal box.. The Clutch pedal was stuck down?

I pulled it back up and its fine again now?

Any idea what caused this? I plan on ordering new fluid and changing to ATE racing Blue or Motul 600, the pedal does not feel great and its a while since the fluid was changed.

I have to visit Switzerland by car in 8 days and am very tempted to take the 911...!

I have to visit Switzerland by car in 8 days and am very tempted to take the 911

Do it - great roads when you get there. If you're on a hurry on the way down do the French autoroute and just pay the tolls. I've always been a fan of travelling through Germany but my last trip was a carnage - wet autobahn's on a Friday afternoon simply don't work!

Roy

I've always been a fan of travelling through Germany but my last trip was a carnage - wet autobahn's on a Friday afternoon simply don't work!

Driving Germany is often quite a tiring experience - virtually continual rear observations necessary to avoid the line astern S Classes bearing down on you at 250km/h. Just take enough breaks to keep the required concentration level.

• 2 weeks later...
Driving Germany is often quite a tiring experience - virtually continual rear observations necessary to avoid the line astern S Classes bearing down on you at 250km/h. Just take enough breaks to keep the required concentration level.

Not a problem is you drive at 250km/h too Si ;)

This is not an uncommon fault on many hydraulic clutch systems.

It would point towards a new seal kit the clutch master cylinder but the good news is they seldom fail when in use and during regular use.

I don’t know if you decided on taking your 911 but they have already started salting the roads in Switzerland.