toe 0

Rear:

Camber -2.4

toe in 1.4mm

c83c453e1bb5f1b5371c006986bd8c6a.jpg

e40b780d68fc317a3c82c392df2113bc.jpg

5261d092e1938f74bf8a7ddace2fc6ee.jpg

45f724a4cb733817cda573e752cad037.jpg

Welcome. Nice setup Jonas :ani_clapping: Does it have a sunroof ? What suspension/brakes are you running ?

Thanks!

Yes it has a sunroof, unfortunately. I´m very tall but with a recaro apex racing seat it works really well.

I have the Bilstein clubsport shocks, standard brake calipers with vented/drilled discs and ferodo race pads. Works good, no heating problems.

/jonas

Edited by blomman

Hi Jonas and welcome!

Great looking car, but that's one seriously deep steering wheel boss you have

Yep, because of my length I need a deep boss to get the steering wheel at the right place.

It´s actually two who is bolted together and then a momo impact hub in the bottom.

jonas

Yep, because of my length I need a deep boss to get the steering wheel at the right place.

It´s actually two who is bolted together and then a momo impact hub in the bottom.

The Prototipo is very flat (hence the need for a deep boss). I'm thinking of changing mine to a deeper dished Momo 07.

I have the Bilstein clubsport shocks, standard brake calipers with vented/drilled discs and ferodo race pads. Works good, no heating problems.

I have the Clubsport Billies on mine too. Have you upgraded the torsion bars ?

Edited by GaryH

The Prototipo is very flat (hence the need for a deep boss). I'm thinking of changing mine to a deeper dished Momo 07.

I have the Clubsport Billies on mine too. Have you upgraded the torsion bars ?

I really like the looks/feel of the flat prototipo, don´t want to change it so I had to fabricte this boss.

I´ve upgraded the rear torsion bars to 26mm, the fronts are still stock.

/jonas

What´s the dimension of the standard TB front of an sc, is it 18?

What is "ARB"?

I 'thought' it was 19mm. Did it vary from early SC's (like your '78) to late ones (like my '82) ? ARB is Anti-Roll Bar (as the good Dr says).

I 'thought' it was 19mm. Did it vary from early SC's (like your '78) to late ones (like my '82) ? ARB is Anti-Roll Bar (as the good Dr says).

Have to check that up, I thought it was 18.

My anti roll bars are standard.

jonas

So you basically added those two pipes in the same chamber where the SSIs connect on the other side of the muffler? Or was there some other mofidication needed aswell?

This would be a cool mod, but I guess a bit more challenging with stainless steel. I wonder if it affects the AF mixture when you change the caps in different position?

Edited by jannek

First you have to backdate the entire exhaust system to older model with SSI heat exchangers with two outs to the muffler. Then I got hold of an extra lower part of the bumper, and made two openings with a hole saw.

I started from a -74 years of muffler. They have two entrances but one tailpipe to fit the G-model.

It was cut open. Then modified it like the first picture but without modification of the right end of the tube.

Then installed the new pipes like in the picture underneath.

With all three open the CO is too low to run, it loses power, and very much resonance up to 3000rpm.

With only the original pipe open it sound nice with a raspy type of sound.

The original pipe stuffed it sounds more at idle but not very high. From 4000rpm it sounds wonderful!

It does not sound to much of banmötena.

If you put this muffler on a car with carburetors it sounds much higher.

66d11675baeb9ed3beaf32a669a4ab4c.jpg

47aff90cd89d7593f758e0af7a05fd72.jpg

A funny little thing is that this system I built after seeing old pictures of cars with this system.

When I had the car at Perry my mechanic, who have worked with björn Waldegård and others from the -60th til today, he says:

- I see you have that type of muffler, you know it was me, we started with these, we experimented with the two piped rally mufflers that sounded to much between the special stages in rallies in the 70's so we took an original muffler and scored three pipes out and plugged the middle ones between special stages.

He also explained that the effect was weaker with all open and around 10hk more with the original barrel plugged.

The difference in CO content between the various options were as follows:

All open: 1.2

middle ones open: 2.5

Original pipe open: 3.5

jonas

Edited by blomman