Hello from Wildsie!

Just registered for IB and thought I would say hello!

Hope to see some of you CS owners around the circuits in 2011.

Here is a couple of pictures of my pride and Joy!!

Happy Christmas :)

CSSideView.jpg

ClubSportEngineBay.jpg

This is a little 2.7 RS Replica I used to race years ago ......

Vals27RSReplica.jpg

Welcome to the forum Mike - car looks great. You guided me round Silverstone in 2007 (on a PCGB day) and succinctly appraised my driving skills :lol: - Did me a power of good!

Thanks very much Sladey .... and thank you for your kind words, see you again on track one day I hope.

Hi Mike, and welcome to Impact Bumpers or DDK (please delete as appropriate). I shall be at Oulton for the RS day on March 4th

Thanks Nick......see you at Oulton Park :D

Good to see you on here Mike!

Nice video of you driving my old Carrera around Silverstone in March 07:

:D

Thank you Tim, it's good to be on here ....that was a good day at Silverstone wasn't it....do you still have the car?

Edited by Wildsie

Welcome to pelican Mike! :lol:

I just googled your name as I did not have a clue why all the boys on here were dribbling when they saw your name on the board... now I understand! :bowdown:

Welcome to pelican Mike! :lol:

I just googled your name as I did not have a clue why all the boys on here were dribbling when they saw your name on the board... now I understand! :bowdown:

Hahaha.....dont think anyone would ever dribble mate !!!

Thanks for the welcome ... :D

Welcome Mike, loving your CS, that is the last of the eighties 911's that I would like to have

Thanks for the welcome Aldo.

I do adore the my little CS, it is just such a fantastic car, will be with me forever I think!

:signs122: Mike

The CS is a lovely car and yours looks great. Brave man sticking your head above the parapet with your background and qualifications - prepare to be bombarded with questions (hopefully most of them sensible!). I hope to meet you on track in 2011 as I could certainly learn a lot

:signs122: Mike

The CS is a lovely car and yours looks great. Brave man sticking your head above the parapet with your background and qualifications - prepare to be bombarded with questions (hopefully most of them sensible!). I hope to meet you on track in 2011 as I could certainly learn a lot

Hahaha Never been a brave man Al ... :)

Look forward to seeing you next year!

I seem to remember you as a very good F3 driver, when I was campaigning

an F4 car in the early 70's.

Do you still fly 'choppers?

Ah...F4 drove a Vixen - Imp in 1970, great fun!

Thanks for your kind words, I really enjoyed F3.

Yes, still teaching in helicopters...sadly not very often in this weather hehe!

No, had to let it go unfortunately :( will get another in the future though!

As for you not being brave, errrrm:

n585550428_381300_3974.jpg

:D

Awh, that's a shame...I do hope you manage to get another one in the near future...you'll have to have a go in mine .. :D

Yikes! I remember that fire very well, a Lola T286 with a Cosworth V8 DFV in the back....bloody fuel tank split, nearly killed me!!!

Welcome Mike, by far the best drive of your life I've read :ani_clapping: and back in the day when it was really dangerous!

Haha...thanks mate.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, yes they were dangerous cars .... but at the time they were the latest technology haha!

• 1 month later...

Welcome Mike. I'm a new CS owner, got mine in the summer last year. This year I plan to get some track tuition for my wife and I (we are novices) and use the CS how it's maker intended. From your picture your engine look's brand new!!

Welcome Mike. I'm a new CS owner, got mine in the summer last year. This year I plan to get some track tuition for my wife and I (we are novices) and use the CS how it's maker intended. From your picture your engine look's brand new!!

Sorry for the delay in replying, been on holiday!

Jaz have done a brilliant job on tidying up the engine bay for me.

The CS is a lovely car to drive on track, I'm sure your wife will enjoy the car.

Please let me know if I can help you both with some tuition, in the meantime I wish you both safe and enjoyable track days.

Edited by Wildsie
  • 1 month later...

Wecome aboard Mike. Seen you around many times but never been introduced. Steve's done a lovely job on your engine. I refurbed and powder coated (which is what I do) your tinware. Even discounted it as I knew it was for you ;), cheers Graeme