Welcome to Impactbumpers

johndglynn

• 4 weeks later...

Keeping the green theme going... I have recently acquired an '86 Carrera, Paint To Sample - Viper Green Metallic, which I've learned has also been called Emerald Green.  Apparently, the color was offered in 76-77, but not since then.  The interior is black, and the only real options are a short shifter.  Otherwise, pretty standard.  The minute I saw it pop up in a PCA advert., I knew I wanted it, as I have not seen another this color - just a few early Turbos, and maybe a Targa from that era.  It has been well-cared, but also driven.  I am truly amazed how well these 3.2s hold up.

I know this is predominantly UK-based, but I am in sunny Florida.  I got the Porsche bug back in the early 2000s, and currently I have this, along with a '68S (which spent a lot of its life in the UK), and a 2006 Carrera S.  Truthfully though, I may have gotten the Porsche bug very early on, when I was 16, as my first car was a '67 Beetle. 

Scott

01.Outside.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 12:55 PM, Busybee said:

Lol funny you should mention the matchbox car. Friend bought me this last year! Lol. I’m in my 40’s 😂

C973F873-91DE-4EB5-9FBE-CCA1C7D4F9F0.jpeg

15 hours ago, Dyaque said:

Yep, me too...

Love the green!

IMAG2611.jpg

Ha ha ha - I had the green matchbox one as a kid (my sons play with it now) and I bought myself the hot wheels one and have hidden it from them!  I'm sure that green matchbox 930 is responsible for my car now. 

Emerald Green on a 3.2 - never seen that before and potentially one of one. Not that I have seen every 3.2, but I have been around these things for a while. Absolutely love it 😍

I've not owned the car very long, so haven't been able to capture a shot I really like, but here goes with a few from this weekend.  I am contemplating a ride height adjustment on the car, as it sits a bit high.  But, it drives so nicely, I don't want to mess with a good thing either.

On a somewhat related note, I was able to drive for an auction - the RM Sotheby's Ft. Lauderdale auction, and drove a 76 Ice Green Metallic Targa with about 36k on the clock.  I was really impressed with how the 2.7 ran.  Nice little car.

Scott

8943.jpg

9142b.jpg

Got some mega paint crazing there...:rolleyes:

Ride height looks not too bad, touch lower at the front and see how that goes. Rear end is harder to do.

3 hours ago, Dr Rock said:

Got some mega paint crazing there...:rolleyes:

Ride height looks not too bad, touch lower at the front and see how that goes. Rear end is harder to do.

Yeah I have Mick & David looking into the crazing issue.

Scott

9123.jpg

7 hours ago, Peanut said:

I've not owned the car very long, so haven't been able to capture a shot I really like, but here goes with a few from this weekend.  I am contemplating a ride height adjustment on the car, as it sits a bit high.  But, it drives so nicely, I don't want to mess with a good thing either.

On a somewhat related note, I was able to drive for an auction - the RM Sotheby's Ft. Lauderdale auction, and drove a 76 Ice Green Metallic Targa with about 36k on the clock.  I was really impressed with how the 2.7 ran.  Nice little car.

Scott

8943.jpg

9142b.jpg

That really is a lovely colour 😍

Hi all, apparently this is where I have to present myself...

My name is Pierrick, I'm 32, French and have been living in the UK for about 10 years.

I currently own a 2003 986 Boxster but I am entirely new to the world of early Porsches. I have a lot to learn and will be asking a lot of questions in the coming days, weeks...

So, what car did I buy? Well, some of you might have seen on e-bay a couple of weeks ago. It is a 1974 coupé, LHD, US import.s-l1600.thumb.jpg.fbb7c00e3eb9a48db43a4b1a1f3c8c7a.jpg

I had it checked by a professionnal, we spent two hours looking at it from every angles.

Body is in amazing condition and very original. Paint is good but not perfect. Interior is like new. Small crack in the dashboard.

Engine is not the original. It is a 1972 engine case but it looks like it has the 2.7 cylinders with all anxiliaries from the original 2.7. Will need more investigation.

There is a few issues to sort out:

The door was badly damaged while beeing unloaded a few month ago. So it needs a new door, front wing repair, paint and a few other bits. I will go more in details about this on a different post in the right section.

The engine is leaking oil quite a bit and someone just smeared sealent all over the place from underneath... absolutely useless, so this will have to get sorted. Appart from that the engine goes well. Gear box is the original and is fine too.

We find a little bit of rust in the front od the boot, so we will grind back and see how far it spreads but it doesn't look too bad.

And that's about it. There will always be other few things to sort out as will all older cars but nothing out of the ordinary.

I am looking forward to work on the car and I am sure you will be able to help and give me plenty of advice.

Hi All. This is my first post on Impact Bumpers .
I tend to hang out over on 911uk. I’m well into the social side , and attend as many meets as I can.

Just bought a 1980 SC. It’s my fourth 911, but my first air cooled .

“Barn” find. Been in dry storage for over 10 years , so just replacing all brakes , oil cooler and shocks to get through its first MOT since 2009 [emoji33]

Got it a good price , and going in eyes wide open prepared for inevitable big bills . It’s a keeper already and I haven’t driven it more than 100 yards

My other cars are a TD5 defender , and a 997.2 GT3

Looking forward to ownership experience

Cheers

Guy e37ac565547d196a953b7bd2e6389d13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk