Welcome to Impactbumpers

johndglynn

On 4/11/2019 at 1:34 PM, Askgeez said:

Hi All. This is my first post on Impact Bumpers .
I tend to hang out over on 911uk. I’m well into the social side , and attend as many meets as I can.

Just bought a 1980 SC. It’s my fourth 911, but my first air cooled .

“Barn” find. Been in dry storage for over 10 years , so just replacing all brakes , oil cooler and shocks to get through its first MOT since 2009 emoji33.png

Got it a good price , and going in eyes wide open prepared for inevitable big bills . It’s a keeper already and I haven’t driven it more than 100 yards

My other cars are a TD5 defender , and a 997.2 GT3

Looking forward to ownership experience

Cheers

Guy e37ac565547d196a953b7bd2e6389d13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, Guy. Looks an unusual colour and a great project. I look forward to the updates.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Hi newbie from south wales boy bach  just got myself an 84 carrera,had a 912 a cple of years back,frequented DDK mainly,looking to get involved,any others on here from wales,I'm based just outside cardiff 

4ABB72B3-0063-4D64-8ABE-4891DD41FC90.jpeg

2 hours ago, saxon46 said:

Hi newbie from south wales boy bach  just got myself an 84 carrera,had a 912 a cple of years back,frequented DDK mainly,looking to get involved,any others on here from wales,I'm based just outside cardiff 

4ABB72B3-0063-4D64-8ABE-4891DD41FC90.jpeg

Hiya. Lovely car. I have an 84 Carrera too and live in Mid Wales.

Had a PCGB Club night last night in Sennybridge so if you're looking to join in, I'd recommend R14. Neil Thomas is the RO and he's a proper petrol head. We drive out with an Irish Region on Saturdy too starting at Penderyin Whisky Distillery Car Park at 10.30am for a drive around Mid Wales if you fancy joining us and testing the water. I might be in my Boxster if the weather looks a bit 💩

Need any info, give a shout.

Cheers

Haith

2 hours ago, Phill said:

Welcome.

Hey @Busybee Haith, you've got a friend!

Ta Phill. Nice to have friends 😂

21 hours ago, Busybee said:

Hiya. Lovely car. I have an 84 Carrera too and live in Mid Wales.

Had a PCGB Club night last night in Sennybridge so if you're looking to join in, I'd recommend R14. Neil Thomas is the RO and he's a proper petrol head. We drive out with an Irish Region on Saturdy too starting at Penderyin Whisky Distillery Car Park at 10.30am for a drive around Mid Wales if you fancy joining us and testing the water. I might be in my Boxster if the weather looks a bit 💩

Need any info, give a shout.

Cheers

Haith

Ta Phill. Nice to have friends 😂

Cheers haith......i'll pop a long Saturday same as you if its wet i'll use an alternate mode of transport.....thanks for the heads up 👍👍

1 minute ago, 786 said:

Interesting car, one of those Paul Stephens builds?

Yes,  a Paul Stephens Le Mans car. I’ve only seen them at car shows and at spa classic previously. Owner was a great guy. I had a real good poke around and sit in it. Engine was beautiful. You could see his pride shining through. 

2 hours ago, Jon Miller said:

Good to have you guys along and meet new faces. Some fabulous countryside you have on your door step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya Jon. Nice meeting you yesterday. Loved the green 964. Stunning. 

Sorry, didn’t know you were on here when we chatted briefly yesterday. I was the guy who said “that doesn’t sound like an Irish accent”. 

Great drive out. Morning roads were faster, afternoon views were better right. 

Hope you all have a good trip back today. 

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

Found these forums via a discussion on another forum and thought I'd sign up.

I'm currently driving a modified 1972 Datsun 240z and a 2004 911 Turbo (Tip, please dont kill me). They're both great cars but at some point I'm likely going to have to go down to 1, and when that happens it's likely I'll sell both and buy myself an older 911 and modify that instead.

In the future the plan will probably be buying a 3.2 G50 or maybe an SC as they're quite well priced right now. I'll keep my eye on the for sale section as no doubt there'll be some suitable cars at some point :)

Here's a few pictures:

Datsun 240z

56852b494677d7e20760b1b951c86882.png

CXfZ2QI.png

996 Turbo

fc21327ac96feabfa9edb04d904dd608.png

314c9eed16388eaf2cf1a8cd78836d17.png

And the two together:

e0ea32a97d88c8782e430078856da70a.png

I've just started a new job which requires no commuting so I've got the go ahead to get something "less practical" than the 996 for my 'Daily' car, so hopefully a nice IB (or air cooled porsche in general) will fit the bill!

Currently have the 996 up for sale, and once that's gone I'll be looking to buy my first air cooled porsche!

Hi and welcome. There's a lot of love for both of your cars on here! Personally love the 240z but an air cooled 911 is still my (biased) favourite. Good luck in your search - you'll find many different views on what is 'best' as far as a 911 goes but this is a great place to learn.

On 6/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, Busybee said:

Fab innit 

CA39CA88-F5E3-4B78-B570-0C9A61FAA84B.jpeg

So many stereotypes leading to....

6E654800-9ED0-499F-85F0-43F4E36D2610.jpeg

Out in the country recently, from the city, I saw a country type in a field in a similar position to above, with a distressed looking sheep. Thinking I'd try and pretend I knew about rural activities I shouted to him "hello there, are you shearing that sheep?" He breathlessly shouted back "NO, ***K OFF, GET YOUR OWN" 

4 minutes ago, ROBINWILD said:

Out in the country recently, from the city, I saw a country type in a field in a similar position to above, with a distressed looking sheep. Thinking I'd try and pretend I knew about rural activities I shouted to him "hello there, are you shearing that sheep?" He breathlessly shouted back "NO, ***K OFF, GET YOUR OWN" 

🤣 Probably his favourite.

Poor Welsh. We are pretty good with odd shaped balls as the English rugby squad will attest to I'm sure 😜

5 hours ago, Roy M said:

Hi and welcome. There's a lot of love for both of your cars on here! Personally love the 240z but an air cooled 911 is still my (biased) favourite. Good luck in your search - you'll find many different views on what is 'best' as far as a 911 goes but this is a great place to learn.

Thanks Roy :)

Yeah I'm a bit conflicted still and I do end up changing my mind a lot, but I figure I've got time to decide - car doesnt seem to be selling atm even though it's the cheapest in the country!

Evening All.

Was recommended this forum from Haith (Busybee) after meeting him at the Boxengasse event on Sunday. (Top fella btw)

I'm Jason and I'm a Brit who's living in Germany, between Cologne and the Nürburgring. I've had my 1977 911S for 6 years now and have been slowly making my way through the car rebuilding, refurbishing and trying to keep it in tip top condition. The only downside is that I'm not driving it enough at the moment. 

My car went to California in 77 and ended up in the U.K. sometime in the late 90's. I bought it from Williams Crawford in 2013 after watching the Porsche market for a long time. It's a matching numbers car with a special order colour 132-9-1 Ivory, which I believe is from 72 or 73. 

Next few jobs on the list will be the interior as the seats and carpets could do with a bit of attention, not to mention the 'candle power' dashboard lights and dodgy old alarm system.🙄

Here's a few photos.....

Cheers,

Jason

IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_6233.JPG

IMG_6911.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG