Welcome to Impactbumpers

johndglynn

Registered last week some time but hadn't popped up in the hello thread or posted a piccy so here it is. Hello to you all, lots of lovely cars about, hope the site becomes successful.

Mark.

gallery_1_2_111339.jpg

gallery_1_2_90018.jpg

Hello to all,

My name is Ciaran and I am from Cork in Ireland. The picture is of my Carrera 3.0. I have owned it for about a month now. I found various forums to be very useful in my search for this car, which took some time, but it has been worth it. I actually found it via people I met on the PCGB forum.

The car was completely restored about 4 years ago and is still in very good condition. It has been welded but has, I believe, been carried out to a high standard. I must apologise for the quality of the picture. It is in a subsurface car park. I will take better ones!

I find it fantastic to drive. It takes a bit of getting used to but I have been enjoying it thoroughly.

Regards,

Ciaran

This is a quick picture of my Targa (as it was anyway) a week before I discovered the horrid truth (See my Blog!)

impmadReady.jpg

Actually a '69 but in Impact Bumper livery. Picture taken at Cadwell Park.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello. I found this site from a link from Pelican, looks great and glad to have found a UK based forum at last. Is there anyone else in my neck of the woods?? I don't seem to see many other 911's on the road round these parts?

Regards Paul

gallery_1_2_99990.jpg

Guest Antony

Hi There,

Joined yesterday and have put up an album in the gallery, so go and have a look. Owned the car for a staggering... one week. Love it to bits :D

gallery_266_27_39361.jpg

Comments and suggestions warmly welcome.

Cheers!

Someone saw me coming!

I have recently been restoring pre-impact cars like the '72S that John has very kindly pictured above. I started in Porches back in 1982 with a Petrol Blue 78SC, followed by a silver C3. A few years ago I built a 3.0RS replica, but that is now long gone. I have jsut bought a 1987 3.3 Turbo that will be seen around this summer; on DDK runs, the Fairmile and at Le Mans Classic

blastgroup.jpg

Hi All,

Registered a while ago but never posted, just a little shy :excl:

I used to have a 1989 911 SSE in Baltic Blue with Linen Leather and had 64k miles when I sold it. Miss it like mad, I am very jealous of you all and your lovely 'air-cooled' machines :D

Stu

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

Gone but not forgotten :(

Hi everyone,

I have been a member of the Pelican board since I bought my '86 3.2 - about 5ish years. Two young kids have meant less time spent in the garage over the past 3 years, but I am a hands on owner so hopefully I can contribute to this board and I look forward to reading about other members projects. Thanks to Jevvy and Aircooledexcellence for sending me in this direction. I made it eventually!!

Cheers

Rich

gallery_1_2_18962.jpg

gallery_1_2_58489.jpg

Hi everyone,

Some great looking cars here......some shots of my Turbo.

gallery_1_2_58005.jpg

gallery_1_2_90264.jpg

Best.

Dave.

Hi All,

I'm afraid I don't have picture of a car, as I am still working on my wife on that one.... New house first, then new car (well, about 20 years old actually, but....new to me!).

I will need some advice when the time comes, so look out for my questions! Been dreaming about a 911 for so many years, and the wife is also pretty smitten with them (but you try to get her to admit it!).

Had many VW's in the past, as well as a great lotus elise, but now I need to move onto the real deal.

Also in Essex/Herts, so hopefully will be able to join a few of you on a run soon.

Thanks

Dick

PS great site.

edit: I now own this - an '86 Carrera Supersport Coupe!

IMG_0792.jpg

Hi Guys,

I have been using this site for a few weeks, but being a luddite around pictures I have needed most of the evening to do this post with a piccie of Gertie!

Gertie is my 930 Turbo, Silver with Crimson Red leather, 1987, 92000 miles. I have owned her 3 years.

Lots of science went into choosing her!! I had a good year in 2003, I wanted a classic car, I have always been involved with the UK car industry so it had to be British; the only thing I fancied was a TR8, Tony Pond fabulous noises and all that! So at a classic rally I show my wife one.

She says 'yuk, why don't you buy the Porsche you are always talking about?' 'Am I always on about Porsches?' 'Yes, all the way back to the fist time you saw them on the Gulf London in 1970. Go on, buy one!' she tells me!! (Isn't it she a love?)

It seemed wrong to refuse, so August Bank holiday '03 sees me buying Gertie, no PPI, second car I had seen, never driven a Porsche before, but she looked so gorgeous I couldn't refuse and the dealer knocked £3k off his asking price. No regrets: I have enjoyed every minute. She's a beautiful lady, frustrating, demanding, but very satisfying!!

And this is a great site! I look forward to getting more and more involved.

I have updated my members site if anyone wants to know more.

Peter

DSC00540.jpg

Hi all, great forum for "real" 911s. My project in the garage is slowly taking shape. Next to go is boot, bumpers and trunklid. Anyone got a set of fibreglass items for sale...let me know..

Will

william@wright.se

gallery_1_2_26626.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, fantastic cars. Here's my '89 3.2 LHD ready to deliver my brother to his wedding.

Use my 911 everyday; can't get enough.

Rregards..............Gwyn, North Wales.

gallery_1_2_72636.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I discovered the site by accident and it is great. Thought I would add an intro since I have been posting to the site foir a couple of weeks. My wife is glad this is the only internet chat room I visit!

I live in Melbourne, Australia with wife Nancy and son Daniel; who I already have saying Porsche (actually it is Porfffss - but he says it when he sees the Porsche crest or an IB 911, especially daddas!).

I've had my 1987 Carrera SE since June 2004. I use it as an everyday driver so haven't done too much to it; race brake fluid (Castrol SRF) and Pagid Blue compound brake pads - a good compromise between road and track braking performance.

The car is ex-UK and had a little corrosion (actually the brake dust covers were completely gone) but otherwise has been looked after pretty well. I love it and track days are awesome, although it has a tendecy towards wallet pyromania! My pic is from a track day at Phillip Island, one of the best tracks in the world apparently.

Great to get all of the tech feedback - almost gives me confidence to do some of the jobs myself (as does said pyromania).

cheers

Jeff aka CarreraAus

gallery_1_2_15731.jpg

Hi all, here is mine. A 1989 3.2 Supersport Targa.

I live in Cambridge and searched for 6 months to get the right one. I had driven all over the South East and then this one turned up 30 miles away in Peterborough. Had the PPI carried out and drove it away in Feb of this year. No problems since and driven about 1500 miles.

2006_07160018_800.jpg

Hi All

Another member from downunder. My SC gets to take the targa top off quite a bit on its drives around Sydney. Though not this week. (Pouring rain has been a welcome but rare sight down here).

My SC is basically original. Other than a modified stainless steel exhaust system. Its used for weekends mainly and at least once a week I commute to work (very early or very late so I can avoid Sydney's traffic). It sounds great going through the Sydney Harbour Tunnel!

My hobbies include hanging out with my two little boys and really bad photoshopping.

Cheers

gallery_1_2_43295.jpg

Hello everyone!

I was searching around the web for site specific to IB 911's and was lucky enough to stumble across this one. Seems to be a good bunch of people around here so after a couple of days of lurking I finally decided to post.

I should have really read the instructions on how to post a picture before attempting this. But here goes anyway...

gallery_405_51_39673.jpg

Hi to all, Revd Chris signing in for the first time. Living in Bexleyheath in Kent, one wife, two kids, rabbits, fish etc etc etc. I've owned dozens of aircooled VW's over the years before venturing into Porsche ownership for the first time around '92, when I bought a '62 356B T6. Fab car, wish i still had it. Just sold my 88' 928 S4 which was an awesome piece of machinery and is sorely missed.

Current toys are:

An Ancona Blue '72 Karmann Convertible, running polished 16" Fuchs and numerous 911 bits.

An Iris Blue 85' Carrera Convertible. 157k now, 59k on the rebuilt motor, rebuilt box & mechanically fine, but bodywork is in need of a good freshen up, and is due to come off road very soon for the refurb to start. Only mod to it is a twin-outlet stainless silencer (to keep the neighbours happy). May leave it standard, but replace the original 6" front rims to a pair of 7" ones & change exhaust to a single big outlet back box, as the current volume can be a little tiresome on long roof-down journeys.

Finally my 'Werkwagon', used for commuting to sunny (?) Croydon every day, the occasional beer run to France and general hooliganism; a Swiss import '83 SC Coupe. The SC is finished in Germany's finest shade of metallic brown (bronze if you want to be posh, porsh?), 256,000km or six times round the equator. Looks great, running on Design 90's at present, as I got fed up cleaning the BBS's it came with. Looking to fit proper fuch's (with brown centres of course) in the near future, rebuild the foodmixer, sorry gearbox, and treat it to a new clutch. I confess I am a sinner and still have the original air pump in full working order. All you guys who have removed yours will be kicking yourselves in 10 years time, when the latest trend it to have one fitted and working; things go in circles you know!!)

My current plans (this week) are to refurb the Carrera and 'play' with the SC, Looking to fit 8s & 9s, slight lowering and maybe some blue neon windscreen washer jets (or maybe not). Maybe source some beige/mushoom leather seats to replace the leatherette, but still match the door cards and headliner. However, for now it gets me to work rain or shine and I love it.

post-1-1153606044_thumb.jpg post-1-1153606333_thumb.jpg

post-1-1153606350_thumb.jpg post-1-1153606093_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I live in Stratford upon Avon with my wife Susan and young son Alex (with a second child on the way). This Porsche 911 is my 2nd 3.2 Carrera, after a gap of 5 years away from Porsche. I'm not going to sell her. If I ever mention selling her, please remind me of that.

I love everything about these cars.

Simon.

carrera640.jpg

Edited by Carrera 3.2

Hi all..

I've been on this IB forum for a few weeks now, but haven't introduced myself :blush: Humble appologies. I have found this forum a great help with all my queries.

I have owned my `86 SSE for a year now, and in that time I have had some paintwork done, gone for some cup mirrors and fitted some Fuchs alloys. Before my tinkering:

DSC00047.jpg

....my tinkering so far:

DSC00507.jpg

:D

Just saying hello!

Acquired my 3.2 about 5 or 6 weeks ago. So far I have replaced the ignition switch (well, my local spannerman did), which of course revealed a "some cowboy's been fiddling in here" problem with the wiring which is now tidied :D

Currently rationalising the fleet (TVR and Polo runaround both gone) and will use the 3.2 till Iget the 944 steering rack fixed, when that will become the daily driver. Then I can think about one or two of the cosmetic bits that need doing.

Oh, and here's the car...

gallery_1_2_48432.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I am Boz... it will be apparent why i use this exceedingly long-standing nickname, when you discover that my real name is in fact Gervase! Please... no tittering at the back... and definitely no mention of hairdressers! Thank you!

I live on my own (Merseyside) and don't currently own a Porsche. Like may of you, I have loved these cars ever since I was a small child... I have some very early memories of seeing them zooming past my parent's '69 220 Merc on the motorways of Europe (we lived in Italy for 8yrs or so).

Despite the fact that I am on a tight budget, I have finally decided it is time to seriously consider the purchase of my all-time favourite motor. My Golf GTi 1.8T will have to go in order to fund this but.. hey... you only live once!

Sooooo... being totally new to all things Porsche I will be asking lots of questions and generally badgering you all for advice and tips.

Finally just like to add that I've made a few posts already on this site and had a very warm friendly and helpful welcome! Cheers!