Impact Bumpers
johndglynn

Welcome to Impactbumpers

1 hour ago, Bertsboat said:

No other mods

None needed. Beautiful car and mega engine.

1 hour ago, Bertsboat said:

No other mods

None needed. Beautiful car and mega engine.

21 hours ago, Bertsboat said:

You forgot to mention the 20,000e value delete.......

Thanks for the comment.

You reckon putting it back together would cost 20k?

Hi Everyone new to the forum .

I have a couple of cars one being a 997 GT3 and a recent purchase of a 77 911 S . I initially bought the 77 car for myself but my wife has decided it suits her better .

I will undertake a Left to Right conversion on the car to make it more livable for her . If anyone has any parts suitable to do a conversion please let me know .

Thanks 

911 s.jpg

10 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Hi Everyone new to the forum .

I have a couple of cars one being a 997 GT3 and a recent purchase of a 77 911 S . I initially bought the 77 car for myself but my wife has decided it suits her better .

I will undertake a Left to Right conversion on the car to make it more livable for her . If anyone has any parts suitable to do a conversion please let me know .

Thanks 

911 s.jpg

Hi Wilson & welcome to IB.

It sounds like you have the best of both worlds with the GT3 and that lovely IB. I would have big think about messing around with the LHD to RHD conversion if that car is as good as it looks. The general thought is that the pedal position is better on LHD cars so it's only really ticket barriers and the odd overtake that become a PITA.

If it was my car then I would politely ask my wife to try to get used to it or preferably give it back to me and I would live with the inconvenience!!

Another welcome from me and another vote to keep it LHD (AKA BHD (Best Hand Drive))

Pretty sure your other half will get used to it, my Mrs loves her LHD 964 and would never ever trade it for a RHD version.

Thats lovely!..........................dont play around with it...........................................both are applicable to the car and your wife.........................:rolleyes:

Lovely looking ib. I’d keep as is and if it’s a real issue, sell it and buy a rhd. I’m not a fan of lhd’s In the uk. Overtaking is a pain in the (!)

Oh and of course, welcome ☺️

Edited by Busybee

She's quite a looker (Matthew :rolleyes:). 

Don't mess the LH/RH, it will never be the same. As Haith says, buy a RHD if it's a big enough problem.

57 minutes ago, Phill said:

She's quite a looker (Matthew :rolleyes:). 

Don't mess the LH/RH, it will never be the same. As Haith says, buy a RHD if it's a big enough problem.

Exactly on all points....................................................:whistling:

Thanks everyone and I hear all your points and all valid . I do intend to keep the car and if it was for me I would leave it as it not a problem . I want her to have a car that she will enjoy driving .

Lovely looking car,

I've been driving my LHD 911 for over 16 years and the problem of driving it in this country are minimal.

By the way, we drive a left hooker everyday as we brought a little runaround back with us from france. Overtaking, pain in arrrr5e 

Gorgeous!

Had my LHD '82 SC for over a year now and I love it.

You do have to be extra careful re blind spots and get used to looking over your right shoulder on a regular basis!

Mmm....an Ozzie with a sense of humour....must be an expat....;)

Sorry, didn't realise you were in Oz, not allowed LHD cars down under are you?

Hi everyone  back on after a few years gap a lot has happened since then,  moved house with lots of space for cars,  only thing wrong with the house is the  internet  bloody slow,  packed in running the North East region PCGB, 

IMG_20180903_091623.jpg

Evening all

Very excited to report that I now have possession of this '83 SC.  It is my first Porsche and I think I am in love.

Not much of a mechanic so I apologise in advance for ignorant and/or naïve questions.

Best

Jack

20190214 - 911 - Snetterton sunset.png