Walter Röhrl reunited with '81 San Remo SC for Targa Tasmania

Al_W

Interesting to hear him talk of taking the fight to the Audis until near the end

I hope there's plenty of event footage from TT available....

They are still going - but have broken the same drive shaft that broke on the 1981 Sanremo!

The car was repaired overnight ( I would suggest another driveshaft was either found quickly or flown overnight from Melbourne).

IB's are leading the classic category, as an indecently quick Ford Perana ( a South African built Capri with a small block V8) spun off today. The weather it seems has gone feral.

Follow the progress of the rally on www.targatasmania.com.au.

Outright the event is being led by a Nissan GTR (driven by an expatriate Scot who also has several Porsches). Jim Richards ( Australia's Walter Roerhl) is 5th in a GT2RS .

• 9 months later...

Beautiful machine.

Great article in one the total 911s (JG may have penned it) about a chap who has two SC Rally cars - both with serious provenance.

One of them has a 3.9 litre in the back. Imagine that kick in the pants!

In my humble opinion, they are some of the most beautiful Porsches ever made: stance, shape, and serious go.

what we know about that car is that it is a bit of a dog. :lol: the car did not finished Milan San Remo 30years ago and it didn't finnish tasmania for the same reasons again. mush better in a museum than on the road that thing!!! :lol:

• 1 month later...
what we know about that car is that it is a bit of a dog. :lol: the car did not finished Milan San Remo 30years ago and it didn't finnish tasmania for the same reasons again. mush better in a museum than on the road that thing!!! :lol:

Drive shaft both times? A consistent 'dog'. Still wouldn't kick it out of my garage for leaking oil on the floor.