Rainer's 78 SC "Club Sport"

rainer

Hi. I've been asked to start a thread regarding my recent purchase-a 78SC that was formerly owned and rebuilt to clubsport spec by Roock Racing in germany.Spec as follows-

Bare metal respray to shell.

Rebuilt with carbon fibre bonnet,engine cover,bumpers and perspex rear windows.

No sunroof,radio or rear seats,wind up windows.

Weighs in at under 1000kg.

Engine blueprinted-230 bhp.

Roock strut brace.

Sports exhaust.

Lowered Bilstein suspension.

Rebuilt close ratio 915 with 45% LSD.

7x8x15 refurbed Fuchs.

New dash,headliner,carpets,momo.

Big question is do you leave it stock or tweak the look with iroc bumpers,decals,ducktail etc.

How do you think future value will be affected given the daft prices some back-dated cars seem to be fetching,or like me do you think the clean lines and the Roock connection are enough.

Might want to add some lightweight Recaros at some stage.

post-657-1162941144_thumb.jpg

post-657-1162941278_thumb.jpg

post-657-1162941442_thumb.jpg

post-657-1162941505_thumb.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all intents and purposes that is an almost identical car to the one I just agreed to buy mate, under 1000 kilos with lightweight everything and lots of fun guaranteed. I would leave it as it is, it is way cool. All that IROC crapology is for 3.2 Carrera owners, who don't have the cachet of the earlier SC or C3 but want their cars to look like a 3.0 RS ;)

If you are selling the carbon bumpers and they are a decent fit then mark me down as interested!

Thats a nice spec car you have there, under a 1000kg and still looking like a std IB is way cool. I wish I could get my car somewhere near to your spec.

I'd leave it alone but maybe lower the ride height a little it looks high at the front

OOPS-didn't realise things could get bitchy on here! :cry:

Yeah, they are a right bitchy lot on here, like a bunch of women ;)

When are we goin to see some pics of your lightweight beast john?

You must be having a laugh, he's posted about a million pics of his new car, and now you've given him an excuse to post some more :rolleyes::D

I'd leave it as it is - It looks excellent as it is (like most 911s do!).

If I was going to change anything I'd get the black headlamp surrounds painted in body colour. I like the non-spoilered look of the rear but there is no question a spoiler does make the car far more stable at speed. Why not fit a ducktail and leave it at that. You can always change engine lids quickly and easily.

All that IROC crapology is for 3.2 Carrera owners, who don't have the cachet of the earlier SC

:rlol: Whats this cachet then?

now you've given him an excuse to post some more :rolleyes:

Ah shut up whinging, I have to keep The Orange's public happy :D

Rainer I will PM you a link to some pics of the car (you can see your PMs in the top right corner). Here's a foggy one for starters:

gallery_1_2_1647.jpg

My vote is leave it as it is 36_1_111.gif

It's all down to personal preference, but personally I don't think the IROC bumpers look quite right unless they're in conjunction with wider arches.

Lovely looking car and really nice specification!

Off topic - What the hell is going on with your avitar, Jake? You going a bit hill-billy on us, or have all those Village People smileys gone to your head?

gallery_1_2_1647.jpg

That looks the dogs cahooners!

I'd leave it as it is - It looks excellent as it is (like most 911s do!). If I was going to change anything I'd get the black headlamp surrounds painted in body colour.

I think you are right about the headlamp covers-did scratch me bonce on that one when i first saw them.

Allways nice to get a second opinion though.

Off topic - What the hell is going on with your avitar, Jake? You going a bit hill-billy on us, or have all those Village People smileys gone to your head?

av-102.jpg

Sheriff Jake; Rustlers rustled and ranges rode. Posses gathered anytime; day or night. Just call 0898-PESKY-VARMINTS for details. Calls cost $3 per 30 seconds, cellphone charges may vary. Please ask a grown-up's permission before using the phone. Sheriff Jake phoneline is a registered trademark of IB Member Interface Services (not sex lines who said that) 2006 Ltd.

Sheriff Jake; Rustlers rustled and ranges rode. Posses gathered anytime; day or night. Just call 0898-PESKY-VARMINTS for details. Calls cost $3 per 30 seconds, cellphone charges may vary. Please ask a grown-up's permission before using the phone. Sheriff Jake phoneline is a registered trademark of IB Member Interface Services (not sex lines who said that) 2006 Ltd.

That's it John, 36_1_401.gif and the men in white coats are on their way to you now!

36_1_191.gif

Its on K Jetronic surely not Motronic?

Yes, Mr Tims and his GT3 live in a digital age :)

I think it looks like a nice car. I would give it a duck.

If you want to do track days then get bucket seats and harnesses. 15s will also severely limit your choice of track tyres. Even 16s have more choice. You don't say much about the suspension so that might be something to look at in the future. Otherwise there isn't much to do to that car.

I tend to agree that IROCs look better on wide arches.

I am struggling to see how you get to sub-1000kg. The really light cars have plastic guards, 2 shell seats and not much more than an engine, gearbox, suspension and wheels. Still, its a light car, regardless.

RB

I am struggling to see how you get to sub-1000kg. The really light cars have plastic guards, 2 shell seats and not much more than an engine, gearbox, suspension and wheels.

I'm pretty sure it's the dipping mate, taking all that schutz off makes a huge difference. I couldn't believe how much lighter just the front valance on mine was with just the front schutz gone. When we were at Tuthills the other day, John the Paint was saying that even with a full steel cage the rally cars are well under a tonne built, all thanks to the dipping.

I'm pretty sure it's the dipping mate, taking all that schutz off makes a huge difference. I couldn't believe how much lighter just the front valance on mine was with just the front schutz gone. When we were at Tuthills the other day, John the Paint was saying that even with a full steel cage the rally cars are well under a tonne built, all thanks to the dipping.

I,m going to have to shunt her down to the local weighbridge now -just out of curiosity,mind you the wife's arrrr5e is wider than the porkers and she weighs less than a ton.