rainer

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just getting toward the end of interior mods so i thought i'd give you a run down (i will post some pics tomorrow as my camera leads are at work.

Some of you might think i'm nuts but i've stripped out a complete mint standard interior (couldn't understand why it had been left when the rest of the car was lightweight).

Removed centre console and heater thermostat-replaced with a carpet strip which Southbound made up with intergral handbrake gaiter.

New door membrane and RS door panels.

Remove seat belts and fit road legal Schroth harnesses and Weltmeister harness bar.

Remove rear seatbacks/pads and wheel arch trim and replace with carpet.

Fit replica period Recaro's (B.F. Torino's)

Just got to fit the SSI'S and M&K backbox with the duck and hopefully should be ready for the road-will keep you posted.

Would be nice to see the car in the metal, Rainer. Will you make it out to the Great North Run on March 25th? Peter Aston is also coming up from your neck of the woods.

With a bit of luck should be ready for then or silverstone trackday if there are any places left.

What kind of seat is that in your 3rd/4th pics?

Looks cool

BF Torino from Mark Waring at worldwide classics-supposed to be a copy of the early recaros fitted to the 73 911's but like you i think they look pretty good,they seem to be comfy and supportive as well which is a bonus.

BF Torino from Mark Waring at worldwide classics-supposed to be a copy of the early recaros fitted to the 73 911's but like you i think they look pretty good,they seem to be comfy and supportive as well which is a bonus.

"nice BA....nice"

I prefer more shoulder support so like the later Recaros/Sparcos, but I sat in one of these the other day - replica 911R seats and absolutely beautiful:

rSeat.jpg

Same company also do replica ST seats which is more onto what Rainer has IMO (the '73 RS seats have straighter sides)

IMGP0013.JPG

Lovely website well worth a look, the quality is stunning.

http://www.vintageseats.com/seats.htm

• 5 months later...

Just finished an article on Rainer's superb SC for Total 911 magazine, will be in next month's issue. Bloody good piece if I say so myself :D

Here's a taster of the excellent pics, taken by Dave Woodall at the IB Snett track day:

gallery_1_2_167121.jpg

gallery_1_2_107405.jpg

gallery_1_2_16071.jpg

gallery_1_2_104234.jpg

gallery_1_2_24081.jpg

gallery_1_2_176400.jpg

Just had this month's mag through and the car is pictured in the 'coming soon' section. The comment goes along the lines that it has been made into a track day special for not a lot of money, which is of course not true, quite the opposite in fact - it has had a lot of money spent by some of the biggest names in 911 tuning and it was not built as a track day car (an expression which to my mind has slightly negative connotations).

Why is it when people see an early car on track, they assume it is there because it was of low market value and therefore cheap to strip out? I will have a bit of an edit and make mention of it in the article - those days are long gone.

Why is it when people see an early car on track, they assume it is there because it was of low market value and therefore cheap to strip out? I will have a bit of an edit and make mention of it in the article - those days are long gone.

well put JG,

plus also its only the better looked after cars that can really keep up with track work

well put JG,

plus also its only the better looked after cars that can really keep up with track work

Too bl00dy right. If I ever sold my car and the purchaser looked through the bulging folder of bills they would rightly conclude they were getting a bargain. Its eejits like that Peter Morgan fella - self proclaimed "expert" - who make comments in virtually every article they write to the effect that anything that has seen track time is automatically nackered and hence discounted. Not even close to reality on the older cars.

Please set the world to rights JG. :):):):)

Too bl00dy right. If I ever sold my car and the purchaser looked through the bulging folder of bills they would rightly conclude they were getting a bargain. Its eejits like that Peter Morgan fella - self proclaimed "expert" - who make comments in virtually every article they write to the effect that anything that has seen track time is automatically nackered and hence discounted. Not even close to reality on the older cars.

Please set the world to rights JG. :):):):)

Is your car sorted now RB?

There is nothing cheap about doing trackwork, I have to hide the folder of bills from the missus.....

I had the Harvey's take some chassis measurements on mine this week to check that everything was where it should be

Apparently its pretty good