Impact Bumpers
rainer

Rainer's 78 SC "Club Sport"

Never been tempted by carbs then RB ?

(ps Your brain is simplified ? - I've just been on an 8 hour derivatives training course :wacko: )

Sure they are tempting but getting through the annual MOT and emissions testing would be rather challenging. Its bad enough as it is now. I think the future is EFI and ITBs but thats £££.

Hi,just thought i'd post e few pics of the SC's winter work.PMO's are now fitted,they have made a big difference to the torque through the rev range and are just as smooth as the injectors.Pretty sure i'll notice a big difference in my wallet on the run down to Le Mans but WTH :blush

I've had the fan and housing powder coated to tidy the engine bay up,seemed like a bargain at £20 for both,the quality of the finish is spot on.

Thought i'd also post a couple of pics of the SC's new garage companion.

redrocket005.jpg

redrocket004.jpg

redrocket003.jpg

redrocket002.jpg

redrocket001.jpg

Love the 993, looks fantastic mate :signs118:

Is that a 2S, or 4?

My missus wants a tiptronic one...

I think the 2S had the split rear grille and amber indicators, but loads of people have retrofitted red indicators....

Nice work mate, didnt think your car could get much better but it just did!

Love the 993, looks fantastic mate :signs118:

Is that a 2S, or 4?

My missus wants a tiptronic one...

Hi Carlo,it's a 2s with the varioram,same thing-this one was her indoors decision,not complaining though!

Nice work Rainer, that thing was quick enough when you were kind enough to let me pax round Oulton last year so it should be sensational now!

993's very nice BTW.

Hi Carlo,it's a 2s with the varioram,same thing-this one was her indoors decision,not complaining though!

Top job, great looking car mate

Sorry didn't mean to miss out the SC :blush: its looking fabulous

You sorted the seat position yet? ;)

Hi Rainer

the PMOs really tidy that engine bay up and dont they just sound awesome,I am interested in what size you bought and the jetting .My car is going to BW soon for a RR session as it has a flat spot @ 2 - 4000 revs the size of a football pitch

Nice 993 black really suits it

Top job, great looking car mate

Sorry didn't mean to miss out the SC :blush: its looking fabulous

You sorted the seat position yet? ;)

Yip,bought a pole position to use on the track days-the heats sorted now as well! :blush:

Hi Rainer

the PMOs really tidy that engine bay up and dont they just sound awesome,I am interested in what size you bought and the jetting .My car is going to BW soon for a RR session as it has a flat spot @ 2 - 4000 revs the size of a football pitch

Nice 993 black really suits it

Hi Andy,

I've got the 46's fitted,i'll check through the info as i can't remember what size jetting PMO supplied-I ran with their recommendation.

Yip,bought a pole position to use on the track days-the heats sorted now as well! :blush:

I'd forgotten about the heat

I've never been so hot on a freezing cold day at Silverstone before ;)

So whens the first track outing, and whats it like noise-wise now?

I can almost feel the induction noise from here, nothing like full fat carbs. Bet you'll be acruing the Nectar points at BP stations.

I can almost feel the induction noise from here, nothing like full fat carbs. Bet you'll be acruing the Nectar points at BP stations.

Tell me about it-it's on par with the cayenne i had!

Must be bad, I swapped from FI to carbs on my 2 litre 912e, that struggled to get above 20mpg and you've got a third extra on everything. Perhaps you could be the first IB'er to do a LPG conversion :lol:

Edited by Nige

Must be bad, I swapped from FI to carbs on my 2 litre 912e, that struggled to get above 20mpg and you've got a third extra on everything. Perhaps you could be the first IB'er to do a LPG conversion :lol:

Did a rough check the other day and it was pulling about 15mpg :whistling:

probably drop to 10 on track.

Yip,bought a pole position to use on the track days

You listening TC ? ;)

I'd forgotten about the heat

I've never been so hot on a freezing cold day at Silverstone before ;)

So whens the first track outing, and whats it like noise-wise now?

As soon as poss-just trying to sus which is the next one with the most IB presence.Bit naffed off that i let the Le Mans track day slip by-never mind,maybe next year.I don't think the noise is too bad until you get it on full chat. :whistling:

Brands GP on 23rd April is the next big one mate

But its only 101db...

It is fully booked, but if you call 01474 875216 ask for Nick, mention me and IB, he might be able to find a space ;)

Brands GP on 23rd April is the next big one mate

But its only 101db...

It is fully booked, but if you call 01474 875216 ask for Nick, mention me and IB, he might be able to find a space ;)

I'd be up for that, but can't see me making 101db.I'll warm her up and check with my meter and report back.How keen are they on checking revs when they noise test-last time out at Oulton they had a guy hanging his head through the window while the other did the test.

I'd be up for that, but can't see me making 101db.I'll warm her up and check with my meter and report back.How keen are they on checking revs when they noise test-last time out at Oulton they had a guy hanging his head through the window while the other did the test.

They're not usually too strict on making sure you're at exactly 2/3rds or 3/4 revs!!

Though if they do get a bit overzealous we can get Tim to do his best Paul Daniels and misdirect the guy :D

They're not usually too strict on making sure you're at exactly 2/3rds or 3/4 revs!!

Though if they do get a bit overzealous we can get Tim to do his best Paul Daniels and misdirect the guy :D

Sounds good-i'll give Tim a bell tomorrow.

Oh, forgot to mention the colour coded "lightweight" engine cover strut-available from all good fishing tackle shops :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new car brother, that is a bloody good choice!

Congrats on the new car brother, that is a bloody good choice!

Cheers JG-the SC keys are still the 1st i pick up though!