clubsport road tyres?

I have been using Yoko A022 on my 1977 3.0 RS tarmac rally car but that is 15" Minilites (8"F 9"R 225/50 x15 on both). I have been delighted with them and they seem to work well over a huge temperature range. Last year on the Coupe des Alpes, we had ice on the roads up at 9,000 feet over some of the Alpine passes, even in June. Day one was also very wet and they provided much more grip than I expected in these conditions. I have a 100%/50% KAZZ LSD, so the rears don't last very long, although it is better now that I have switched to Syntrax 140 in the transaxle from 90/140 mineral oil. These tyres had gone out of production but due to demand, Yoko have recently reintroduced them. They are very predictable and you can easily feel when they are beginning to let go.

I think the equivalent in 16" is the AD08. You could use Yoko A048's but they don't have a lot of grip in the wet. I was going round the Nurburgring in pouring rain in a supercharged Elise (horrible car) on A048's and it was all over the place, the braking was non-existent and it was aquaplaning like mad along the straight - nasty!

Wilson

hi

anyone got a recommendation for clubby tyres..road use only, on 16 inch fuchs?

cheers

The default choice - Bridgestone S02 N3s .......

The default choice - Bridgestone S02 N3s .......

Certainly I use Bridgestones on my everyday driver, a 997 Turbo S - Potenza RE 050A N0 and they are the best compromise of the tyres I have tried on my various Turbo's - Michelin Sport Pilot 2's, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Continental Conti Sport 2's. The Pirellis were the sharpest in the dry but wear was horrible and wet grip so so. Michelins were pretty good all round but very very noisy on concrete motorways and grip dropped off very badly in low temperatures. Continentals too soggy and not stable enough under heavy braking - worst all rounder. The Bridgestones were even good in snow and ice. The 997 was at one point, the only car that could get out of our drive onto the main road last winter. There are no Yokohamas with N homologation in 19" for the Turbo for me to try.

Wilson