What to run with on 1989 930

9hellheaven

Would it be better to run with 9s and 8s on my turbo or stick with 9s and 7s as per original from the factory i think ?

Would putting 8s on the front make the car handle poorly, and do people think they look better up front than the 7s ?

I am thinking the same tyre sizes so maybe it's just a look thing but not sure if more to it than that.

Nice pic, ok thanks i was'nt sure if it would make the steering feel different. Looks like the way to go then.

It will make it feel different but for me it felt different in a better way. It does feel more planted especially under braking but I suspect you give up a little nimbleness.

• 1 month later...

Before it was built into a road legal race car yes. The reasoning behind using 8's was to run a 225 front tyre plus spacers and fill the arches. It has a ZF diff 40% lock so could tend to understeer, but hopefully with the damper, torsion bar and anti roll bar settings, all should be ok. I usd to race a super sport with this set up and it worked very well. In fact I'm sure that Porsche Club allow all 3.2's to run 8's and 9's.

Sorry GaryH did not read that. Personally I can't see that it would make any difference. Going from 15 to 16 diameter yes. 7 to 8 no way. Did I notice any difference. Yes I did but that was because the SSE had a complete suspension refresh and toyo 888's. Massive difference from how it drove when I first bought the car. From a marsh mallow to a scalpel.

Before it was built into a road legal race car yes. The reasoning behind using 8's was to run a 225 front tyre plus spacers and fill the arches. It has a ZF diff 40% lock so could tend to understeer, but hopefully with the damper, torsion bar and anti roll bar settings, all should be ok. I usd to race a super sport with this set up and it worked very well. In fact I'm sure that Porsche Club allow all 3.2's to run 8's and 9's.

Graeme, I've got a pair of 7s and a pair of 8s. They need slight rim restoration and i was going to have the centre's in Riviera blue to go on my GP white 930. Would i be better trying to find a pair of 9s and go with the 8's on the front. Are we talking just better looks cos they fill the arches out at the front or with i see and feel better handling etc ?

Cheers.