what are your track day plans for 2012

JLewis

Never done a trackday in the UK and fancy completing one reasonably close to home, say either Oulton Park or Anglesey. I would also like to do one much further afield. The Le Mans Bugatti day in May was fantastic, and the Spa trip also looked good from the pictures and video posted. Either of these could be an option for 2012, but also fancy something a bit further away in Europe which would include a longer road trip to get there.

Whats your plans track day wise for 2012? :)

i want to do Cadwell park next year...Britains Nurburgring...sort of :)

Never done Oulton Park so that could be a possibility and its a good challenging track layout.

Wouldnt mind a return to the Nurburgring and also missed out on the BLM run last two years as it always coincides with other things going on.

All spendey dependant :eusa_boohoo:

My year is likely to start at Goodwood in Feb but no plans after that yet.

Oulton and Cadwell on my to-do list too, plus that new German track Bilster-Berg which Gary posted looks fun. I'll definitely go back to Spa sometime too as that was epic, but maybe not next year as there are other fish in the sea. Zolder Zandvoort also appeals for some reason, racing in the dunes...

I also want to find a venue to really explore the limits with minimal risk of damage, and away from organised trackdays may be required to avoid falling foul of marshalls. any ideas...? If money was no object I'd be on the first plane to Tuthill's Norway Ice Driving do

Edited by Al_W

I also want to find a venue to really explore the limits with minimal risk of damage, and away from organised trackdays may be required to avoid falling foul of marshalls. any ideas...?

Car Limits airfield day ? (budget for new tyres afterwards though)

I fancy a go at this:

http://www.howfast.co.uk/

me too ! been reading about that in Track Driver this week. Sounds fun, especially with a group of us there on the same day. Think they only do Bedford at the moment.

As per Al, also fancy a road trip & track day to Holland, would love to do Zaandvort though in front of Zolder. (which is prob what Al meant ;) ) though perhaps we could do both !

Would also like to do Goodwood but its usually too pricey or too low db.

would love to do Zaandvort though in front of Zolder. (which is prob what Al meant ;)

:blush: brain in neutral

Would also like to do Goodwood but its usually too pricey or too low db.

Considering the price of fuel and that it's only 15mins from me, they're probably the cheapest trackdays I've done - Snetterton was a 360 mile round trip!

I find it a deceptively tricky track to drive well. There aren't many corners but they're all double-apex or off-camber to add to the challenge.

Never done a trackday in the UK and fancy completing one reasonably close to home, say either Oulton Park or Anglesey. I would also like to do one much further afield. The Le Mans Bugatti day in May was fantastic, and the Spa trip also looked good from the pictures and video posted. Either of these could be an option for 2012, but also fancy something a bit further away in Europe which would include a longer road trip to get there.

Whats your plans track day wise for 2012? :)

There is normally a good trackday at Anglesey on the Friday prior to the Ty Croes sprint weekend (which includes the Porsche Speed Championship), 5th & 6th May. The one in May this year changed track configuration at lunch so no chance of getting bored!

There is normally a good trackday at Anglesey on the Friday prior to the Ty Croes sprint weekend (which includes the Porsche Speed Championship), 5th & 6th May. The one in May this year changed track configuration at lunch so no chance of getting bored!

Oh, that could be worth a look. :)

im going to spa

Let me know when I will come with you.

Snetterton if we do it in 2012 and Silverstone as its so local, plus others but nothing planned yet.

Paul

Edited by pstarkey

• 3 weeks later...
im going to spa

GoldTrack Spa Dates.

Best get the GoldTrack dates in your diary then as I will be there for at least one, probably two and just maybe all three, of their double headers. Speedline 2118's and Toyo 888's on the Clio will make it an even more entertaining drive. There is also a remote possibility that a certain blue Turbo may make the October days, but don't hold your breath.

im going to spa

GoldTrack Spa Dates.

Best get the GoldTrack dates in your diary then as I will be there for at least one, probably two and just maybe all three, of their double headers. Speedline 2118's and Toyo 888's on the Clio will make it an even more entertaining drive. There is also a remote possibility that a certain blue Turbo may make the October days, but don't hold your breath.

I am planning on doing the April and June dates....

Convoy?

• 2 months later...
I am planning on doing the April and June dates....

Convoy?

Just been having a look.

Spa on 4th June?

Go out on the Saturday/ Sunday.

On track on Monday/ Tuesday

Home on the Wednesday? :)

Anything coming up in the UK early April? Easter Hols time?

Ideally it's weekends or school holidays for me though - so rules out a lot of the mid week stuff

And possibly Silverstone on 30th July.

Certainly up for Snetterton on 15th August if it's a goer.

Edited by BenC

• 4 weeks later...