New wheels fitted to my C3

TGJR

Well new to me ........... a set of 15 inch Fuchs refurbished by Nick Moss.

I am very pleased with the look which I think suits my car better than the black petal 16" Fuchs I had on previously. It is suprising how much lower the car seems to look now just by losing an inch from the wheel diameter. Centre caps to follow!

Thomas

post-4512-1329985025_thumb.jpg

I am very pleased with the look which I think suits my car better than the black petal 16" Fuchs I had on previously. It is suprising how much lower the car seems to look now just by losing an inch from the wheel diameter. Centre caps to follow!

Thomas

Lovely!!

Thomas

Car is looking really good and set for the coming season!

All the best

Ian

Thanks for the comments.

Ian - I am hoping that the 15's will give me some benefit on the hills as I have not acheived any weight saving measures this winter and the LSD is still on the shopping list. I have had my Recaro bucket seats upholstered in the Porsche tartan which must be worth 0.5 secs ! ;)

Excellent... very similar to what I want to achieve on my 2.7 - albeit with 6x15 as it's a narrow body.

I would love to see what your interior looks like now, do share a photo of your seats if you can... Thanks!

Excellent... very similar to what I want to achieve on my 2.7 - albeit with 6x15 as it's a narrow body.

I would love to see what your interior looks like now, do share a photo of your seats if you can... Thanks!

Recaros trimmed with original Porsche tartan as per my original/normal seats.

post-4512-1330003310_thumb.jpg

The wheels look great, are they 7s & 8s or 7s at both end?

I've just put my recently refurbd (thanks Carlo!) 15s on the car with some barely used 205/50 & 225/50 Yoko A048 R tyres. As you say surprising how much the car drops. What size/profile tyres have you put on the wheels? I found that unless you put silly amount of rake on car its not really practical to change ride height enough to let front wheels on 205/50 look anywhere close to filling arches - not an issue for trackdays of course. Can definitely sense the slightly lower gearing v standard wheel/tyre diameters

The wheels look great, are they 7s & 8s or 7s at both end?

I've just put my recently refurbd (thanks Carlo!) 15s on the car with some barely used 205/50 & 225/50 Yoko A048 R tyres. As you say surprising how much the car drops. What size/profile tyres have you put on the wheels? I found that unless you put silly amount of rake on car its not really practical to change ride height enough to let front wheels on 205/50 look anywhere close to filling arches - not an issue for trackdays of course. Can definitely sense the slightly lower gearing v standard wheel/tyre diameters

My wheels are 7's & 8's and I have Toyo 888 tyres fitted - 205/50 front, 225/50 rear so the same as you. If I had the choice I would have gone for a 205/55 on the front but sizes are limited in 888's.

Took my car out for a run today - first time on my refurbd 15" Fuchs with Yoko A048s. Slightly lower gearing (225/50 on rear) definitely makes car feel a bit more urgent. Tyres are brilliant, none of the howl that you get with 888s

15fuchs4.jpg

15fuchs3.jpg

Took my car out for a run today - first time on my refurbd 15" Fuchs with Yoko A048s. Slightly lower gearing (225/50 on rear) definitely makes car feel a bit more urgent. Tyres are brilliant, none of the howl that you get with 888s

15fuchs4.jpg

15fuchs3.jpg

Looks superb. The white with red decals/wheels is a fantastic 'club sport type' look.

TGJR, I notice you have a WEVO. would you recommend one and the PSJ? I just removed my front spoiler and repaired my rust........I prefer the sleeker look.

Want the classic WEVO not the one you have....

TGJR, I notice you have a WEVO. would you recommend one and the PSJ? I just removed my front spoiler and repaired my rust........I prefer the sleeker look.

Want the classic WEVO not the one you have....

I have the Wevo shifter but not the PSJ coupler. It gives a more positive gear change in that it removes the doubt as to whether you have selected 1st or 3rd and it has a very springy feel if you like that. I selected this particular style of Wevo because the lever stands much higher making it more comfortable to shift. Being tall (seat well back) and strapped in with a harness on I was finding the standard shifter an uncomfortable reach, same with the steering whell hence fitting the dished wheel as well.

They are quite pricey items for what you get.

I have the Wevo shifter but not the PSJ coupler. It gives a more positive gear change in that it removes the doubt as to whether you have selected 1st or 3rd and it has a very springy feel if you like that. I selected this particular style of Wevo because the lever stands much higher making it more comfortable to shift. Being tall (seat well back) and strapped in with a harness on I was finding the standard shifter an uncomfortable reach, same with the steering whell hence fitting the dished wheel as well.

They are quite pricey items for what you get.

Yep expensive!! I am well over 6 Foot but I am at a high level of comfort with the leather Sport seats and the factory short shifter, I tend to guide it about deftly. I think I'll try the PSJ first and then decide whether I go for the shifter as well.

My shift is very positive and the best I've had in a 915, so expect the PSJ to remove the final percentile of slack.

unless you put silly amount of rake on car its not really practical to change ride height enough to let front wheels on 205/50 look anywhere close to filling arches
15fuchs4.jpg

Yours looks lovely TC, and if you think those are comedy arch-gaps, check these out. I just fitted Kumho V70a on my 15s for a Goodwood day, and very pleased with the results. Mine's got a fair bit of rake, so big rear gaps too but more weight coming out soon, so will wait to do geo yet again then

6794837278_7ae89b46d8_z.jpg