Bristol/South West/South Wales meet

Ian Comerford

Yup, car fixed and all good to go. 0630 at the M48 services by the Severn bridge and then cross over to Chepstow and pickup Rich and anyone else (Hu?) in the layby on the short stretch of dual carriageway between the M48 and Chepstow. Not sure of the full route as someone else is doing that but probably from Chepstow along the B4235 and B4598 to Abergavenny and then to Methyr somehow and on to the Head of the Valleys road to Brecon. Bacon sandwich along there somewhere and then B4520 to Builth. Not sure where after that.

See you in the morning

ian

Ooops forgot to say the RSR cross-member looks great

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day out today and thanks to all those that could make it. Some truly great roads and epic speed in some places whilst trying to keep with the pace car (Caterham Super something). All was going well until we started to head for home and after a very quick bit just behind the Caterham the Golden Bullet just conked out........ Tried all the usual stuff but car no startey. Swapped fuel pump relay and coil, nothing. Called the AA and he had a go but I am not sure how fully conversant he was with ignition systems. He spend an hour and a half and concluded that the CDI unit was duff as it was not putting out anything to the coil. But we later realised that he had not been testing this whilst cranking over, merely with the ignition on. He went off to get a signal for his phone to check that he could suspend tow the car and whilst he was away I gave it one last go.......bloody typical it started and ran perfectly. I reckon it was a loose connection. Thanks to Jeremyfor answering a technical query whilst out with his family :signs118:

Must do this again soon as that was great

Ian

Edited by Ian Comerford

It was fun chasing that Caterham, I could hold him on the bits I knew, but otherwise he just left me!

Don't tell him that, it will be all over the Lotus forum he subscribes to. :rolleyes:

Ian, it did not break down, it was just resting for a while :whistling: or you just wanted an excuse to look at the new 'RSR lightweight unobtainium' cross member?

Great day out. Sitting at the back of a line of 911s chasing a Caterham was fantastic.

Anyone get any pictures?

Andy took one of you with yer lid up!! Oops, (wouldn't want to get nicked with me! )

I had a fantastic time thanks, AMAZING roads, and all on our door step. There really is something about a gaggle of 911s all howling along, even if they are chasing a whippet like caterham!

Superb day and great company.

Rich

:signs118:

Hi Steve,

You missed a treat and I must get Hu or Richard to reproduce the route for me on a map as I cannot recall all of the roads.

One of them in particular was worth repeating a few times........maybe next time

Regards

Ian

Both my cars are in bits at the moment, one with particularly shiney sprin plates, but I would love to come on one of these in the future!

Hopefully will be back together by July, but then running in.... :(

Maybe late summer?

You could always bag a passenger ride next time if you fancied that option until yours are roadworthy?

One more person to help Ian push the Golden Bullet home ;)

Not nice Gary...... Just need to make sure it doesn't happen again, got a few weeks until the next drive so plenty of time. Although off to Prescott next Saturday so best have a go at tightening all of the terminals in those plugs :mad jg:

Ian

• 2 weeks later...