A few more jobs carried out on the SC today

Stevem

As I had a day off of work today and the sun was shinning I thought I would spend a few hours playing with the SC today.

I have had a fire extinguisher for a few weeks now and hadn't as yet got round to fitting it inside the car. After reading about other owners thoughts as to where to actually mount the extinguisher I decided to mount it on the passenger side of the centre console. The extinguisher bracket holes fitted quite nicely in the original side console screw holes and I did not have to make any other holes to mount it which was good as I hate making extra holes in original parts and if I decide to remove it I just simply take it out and put the screws back in their original holes.

That took all of 10 mins to do so the next thing on the list was fit the new boot carpet that I bought a while ago. This boot carpet is the heavier duty one that I believe is fitted to the Carrera 3.2 and I personally prefer this type of carpet as in my eyes it looks a lot better than the original.

As the sun was still shinning I decided to give the whole car a good going over with a Meguiars Quick clay detailing kit. I have heard a lot of good things about this detailing kit so thought I would try it myself.

I spent the next few hours rubbing the clay tablet, aided by the misting spray, all over the paint surface on every panel and it certainly works. The car was gleaming by the time i finished and well worth the effort even though I built up quite a sweat with all that rubbing. :D

911%20SC%20020_zps38a19b1d.jpg

911%20SC%20002_zps9d5014f6.jpg

911%20SC%20008_zpsd224774d.jpg

911%20SC%20009_zps19b8ce4b.jpg

911%20SC%20013_zpsb1afcd0e.jpg

911%20SC%20007_zpsa5ae04fb.jpg

Thanks Dougie. Yes the wheels look good on the car and I am very pleased I bought them from you.

How are things going with your car?

Steve. my cars up and running with 3.0 litre engine on webbers.Still trying to get the 2.8 rsr spec engine working.

Dougie.

As I had a day off of work today and the sun was shinning I thought I would spend a few hours playing with the SC today.

I have had a fire extinguisher for a few weeks now and hadn't as yet got round to fitting it inside the car. After reading about other owners thoughts as to where to actually mount the extinguisher I decided to mount it on the passenger side of the centre console. The extinguisher bracket holes fitted quite nicely in the original side console screw holes and I did not have to make any other holes to mount it which was good as I hate making extra holes in original parts and if I decide to remove it I just simply take it out and put the screws back in their original holes.

That took all of 10 mins to do so the next thing on the list was fit the new boot carpet that I bought a while ago. This boot carpet is the heavier duty one that I believe is fitted to the Carrera 3.2 and I personally prefer this type of carpet as in my eyes it looks a lot better than the original.

As the sun was still shinning I decided to give the whole car a good going over with a Meguiars Quick clay detailing kit. I have heard a lot of good things about this detailing kit so thought I would try it myself.

I spent the next few hours rubbing the clay tablet, aided by the misting spray, all over the paint surface on every panel and it certainly works. The car was gleaming by the time i finished and well worth the effort even though I built up quite a sweat with all that rubbing. :D

911%20SC%20020_zps38a19b1d.jpg

911%20SC%20002_zps9d5014f6.jpg

911%20SC%20008_zpsd224774d.jpg

911%20SC%20009_zps19b8ce4b.jpg

911%20SC%20013_zpsb1afcd0e.jpg

911%20SC%20007_zpsa5ae04fb.jpg

Car looks good.!

What part of Hampshire are you from>?

Think he might be referring to the directional tread pattern on the tyres RB.

Anyways looks reet good, but look even reet better with a bit less air space between the wheels and arches.

I am just down the road from you theo5042 in Totton.

Yes I agree about the car could really do with lowering a bit. I will have tohave a read up on this as it does not seem too be a difficult job by all accounts.

car looks great!

One thing I'll say on the clay kit....as well as lifting all the sh*te out of the paint they also lift any wax (protection) you might have had on there so it's always a good idea to throw a coat of wax onto the paintwork after claying. Otherwise you're leaving the paint completely exposed to the elements.

Rich

My mistake, should have been more specific I guess... Yep the Bridgestones on the Fuchs are going in the wrong direction... But swapping the wheels side to side is much easier than flipping the tyres on the rims!! Yes, RIP Baypark, it was great. Long live the new Baypark (speedway now)

It must have been those mischievous Porsche fairies that live in my garden who swapped the wheels over one night when I was asleep. :angry:

It couldn't possibly have been a mistake by me as I am far too intelligent to do something like that. :blush:

Edited by Stevem