'74 RS 2.7

Oli

Its in Italy and I am waiting to find out what firm did the work. Their asking what you will sell your wide body for one day. Nobody has stepped up to check out the car. I tried a Porsche dealer, but haven't heard from them either.

Proceed with extreme caution buying anything from Italy, especially if you do not know the right questions to ask or warning signs to look out for

Do you know where in Italy???

a lot of homework to be done me thinks my friend..

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C317356 nice looking US spec car

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C303503

fully restored 2.7 euro carrera for 100k bucks ie 62k gbp seems cheap to me...and i love mexico blue!!! my red resto had the original engine on the shelf while the previous owner sprinted it with a 3.0 lump. for some marques matching numbers seems to matter more than others ie for older porsche yes but from something like an e type here in uk condition takes precedent over matching numbers..

post up the links and one of the oracles (guy, nick amongst others) will be along shortly :)

You know me for a while now, and a US spec car is out of the picture unless it is has really great history, and in turn makes it very desirable. The Greek car is a US, but otherwise a nice looking car.

The white one with the red interior had a bunch of changes (mods) like the red seats, and instrument panel, and some other things, I don't remember.

So far this is word of mouth. The latest thing I is someone I got this tip from is going next week to take some pictures. So I will get what, I have no matter how small, to you. So stand by and give me some guidance.

Do you think Porsche dealer would send someone over to look at the car? Would they be trustable?

The 59,900 Euro car is the one I mentioned that has the RUF engine, but they have the original engine on the side.

I talked to them, nicely maintained, but rather not have black. Its in Portugal. I can wait, no rush. White, red, yellow, green and blue is better than black.

Proceed with extreme caution buying anything from Italy, especially if you do not know the right questions to ask or warning signs to look out for

Do you know where in Italy???

Thanks for the helping hand.

Edited by oli

morning

sent you an email. i think best advice here is to be patient and do LOTS of research. make sure what you are looking at/being told/sold is in fact a matching numbers euro carrera as i believe that is what you are after and do not under estimate the restoration costs!

cheers

The price of the Mexico blue car in Italy is 100k EUR, not USD. If I remember well, it is #913, a French delivery car, and has been the subject of a complete restoration from bare chassis.

Here's just after paint, circa 1 year ago

post-2386-1354138235_thumb.jpg

It's not mine, but I'm supposed to go and see it as soon as weather returns a little bit better over here.

Andrea

The price of the Mexico blue car in Italy is 100k EUR, not USD. If I remember well, it is #913, a French delivery car, and has been the subject of a complete restoration from bare chassis.

Here's just after paint, circa 1 year ago

post-2386-1354138235_thumb.jpg

It's not mine, but I'm supposed to go and see it as soon as weather returns a little bit better over here.

Andrea

I'm still interested, can you provide chassis number (floor front trunk), engine number and gearbox number with pictures of them?

Thanks