Running Rough

kevinkjse

Put the turbo away for winter in my warm garage, was running great before it went into hibernation, got it out for a mot today and thought good excuse for a run.

Not good, does not want to run above 0.4 bar looses all power and blows black smoke also the tick over is now some 1800 rpm, I know the on board bar gauge can not be relied upon but seems to get up to 0.4 bar too quickly, seemed to clear for a few seconds but now seems permanent!

Any ideas, at least went through the mot!

kev

Check the connections and power to the WUR and AAV.

If its not that then check the seals between metering head and the throttle body although it's unlikely these will have gone on their own over winter.

My money is on an electrical fault

Cheers

Jon

post-1849-0-60311500-1361268156_thumb.jpg Hi David

Yes indeed very strange. I am sure someone on here will explain it a lot better than me but Bob said the 2 x fuel pumps are needed to boost the fuel pressure to around 6 bar, roughly 90 psi which is quite a high pressure and if you loose 1 x pump the pressure drop causes all sorts of symptoms, still will fit 2 x new relays and job's a gooden.

More problems now though, saw a slight spider webbing at the corner of the winscreen so thought pop it out for a look! good job didn't leave it any longer, still rust killer, galvofroid, top coat and some waxoil should sort it!

kev

I had the same issue at the last IB dyno day where I lost the rear pump. Same symptoms as yours but it wouldn't idle at all. The route cause for me was the wiring into the fuse box behind the relays. I replaced and set up a fused supply for each pump to stop overheating. Good look with the screen surround.

David