1976 Carrera 3 Rebuild, again!

9torsion

29 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Few details might help. Coupe/targa? Condition? Engine condition..... 

:signs60:I think all that polishing has addled someone’s brain...

Edited by Dr Rock

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dr Rock said:

:signs60:I think all that polishing has addled someone’s brain...

Sorry dudes. When this came up I opened it and it just showed the op’s post asking for help re price. I scrolled not. Can see lots of info in there. My bad 

Fumes Doc 😂

5 hours ago, 9torsion said:

Help!

So after so many years and so much saving, loans, hardwork, waiting and more waiting I need to come to a final conclusion with this C3. With a young family and growing responsibilities i'm tentatively thinking about the sale of the C3. I'm just not using it as much as I should, I know those days will come back but at the moment family takes priority. Really pains me to say that, as i've had the car over eighteen years and a lot has changed in that time. I've changed so much and really need to think seriously about my Porsche future.

I suppose i'm asking for a little advice what is it worth in today's volatile market? I don't want to catch a cold but i'm also a pragmatic. Do I hold on till spring or a little longer until things pick up or should I start to consider sensible offers know?

Your thoughts appreciated

Regards

Anthony

Anthony, I would say if you want to sell your car privately then just do a bit of research and see what sort of money similar cars are fetching. Look at Pistonheads, Ebay, Car and Classic etc etc.

If you want to sell your car professionally to save you the hassle then maybe contact John Glynn and ask for advice. Failing that then seek advice from whoever the local indie is that you use.

Personally I would say wait until spring and also that it seems to be a buyers market right now. There are a few good cars for sale out there that aren't really shifting right now.

2 hours ago, ALEX P said:

Personally I would say wait until spring and also that it seems to be a buyers market right now. There are a few good cars for sale out there that aren't really shifting right now.

My thinking too!

Anthony sounds like you've got you're priorities right, good luck with the sale

• 2 years later...

Well I’ve bitten the bullet and she’s up for sale with Nutley Sporting Cars. I just don’t use it and the old C3 really needs a new home know it’s fully restored/finished. A few more detail jobs being done and it’s looking beautiful within the showroom. The 21 year journey has hopefully come to an end, but I’m very lucky to have a 993 C2 sat in storage that requires some love. 

• 1 month later...
On 23/08/2022 at 22:28, 9torsion said:

Well I’ve bitten the bullet and she’s up for sale with Nutley Sporting Cars. I just don’t use it and the old C3 really needs a new home know it’s fully restored/finished. A few more detail jobs being done and it’s looking beautiful within the showroom. The 21 year journey has hopefully come to an end, but I’m very lucky to have a 993 C2 sat in storage that requires some love. 

Did you end up selling the car to Nutley or are they selling on SOR on your behalf ..? 

Edited by hmg