Shell - New Nitro+ fuel

MarkJ

Anyone tried it yet? It feels like rocket fuel in my car !! :) I think the combo of the refined fuel and nice cool air has turned my car into a white missile..ooer, this week.

It certainly feels very responsive and with extra kick on the loud pedal. Impressed.

Made overtaking lots of fun this morning :steering: (more so than normal).

£1.439 a litre when I filled up this morning.

Can't say I noticed any difference whatsoever, I still can see it disappear when I use the loud pedal :steering: My receipt says "V Power Nitro+ ULD"

As has been said, same stuff with different cleaning additives, probably did a deal with wynn's or redex :wacko:

25% more cleaning power and 99% the same as fuel used by ferrari F1...... apparently.

Well snake oil or not, I've used my car everyday this week on some quick a-roads, blasting past a lot of cars, to and from work and it certainly feels damn quicker than before I filled up with it, so that's good enough for me. It's a useful benchmark with the butt dyno, doing the same journey for consecutive days.

Besides andy, you filled a coal burner ;)

I thought their spiel also said it was an improved formula?

I thought their spiel also said it was an improved formula?

As I said , the detergents are improved and snake oil has been added to reduce friction .. , drove mine yesterday and it felt quicker , fuel gauge showed yellow .. :)

Sounds worth a try, I've just had the Turbo MOT'd before leaving for work, will licence when I return and cannot wait for a decent drive to blow away the cobwebs! Was also also thinking about adding Frost's ethanol antidote, anybody have views on this?

Regards,

David.

Was also also thinking about adding Frost's ethanol antidote, anybody have views on this?

Regards,

David.

I've been using the Lucas equivalent for well over 12 months. I started using it when we were in Europe in case I had to use E10 and have got used to adding it every time I fill up.

Maybe the cleaning and anti- friction agents have an effect but there is no mention of a higher energy content relative to other fuels. The high octane rating ups the detonation threshold but has no value in our cars unless advantage is taken by running a more aggressive map or on CIS more timing/leaner mixture. Different for engines running more intelligent EFI though with knock sensing. Good Insurance for 930s running more boost and/or on track but otherwise a little difficult to see the value in the investment for most of us.

David

Could these cleaning agents and other additives actually by harmful for our old engines and fuelsystems? Maybe it would be better to run them on on 100 LL avgas?

Bit unconvenient though unless you also own a small aircraft

Fred / David, I know it's off topic but what exhausts are you running as I'm trying to find out if Turbo Thomas's design will fit the 3.3 Turbo (his has the x-over pipe at the rear).

Regards,

David.

i assume my remapped hi-octane chip liked it

You will only get the value, additives aside, if the chip was mapped to exploit 99 RON rather than lower. It must have thought it was OK though as it hasn't blown up.

David

Maybe the cleaning and anti- friction agents have an effect but there is no mention of a higher energy content relative to other fuels. The high octane rating ups the detonation threshold but has no value in our cars unless advantage is taken by running a more aggressive map or on CIS more timing/leaner mixture. Different for engines running more intelligent EFI though with knock sensing. Good Insurance for 930s running more boost and/or on track but otherwise a little difficult to see the value in the investment for most of us.

David

David I have to disagree with you slightly on this point. It is true that those cars where ignition timing can be adjusted automatically to take account of prevailing quality of fuel will notice greatest benefits in power as a result of the elevated RON but this isn't the only benefit of "super". For any given compression ratio I think the the higher RON/Super formulations will generally burn more uniformly and provide a more optimum flame path/pattern at point of ignition = more power / smoother running. It may only be worth a few hp/mpg for our cars rather than c25bhp for a current generation M3 but in my experience there is always a very discernable difference between a good quality super and standard - I have found this with every petrol engined car I have driven, old or new.