Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

carreracat

My new SC cab adventure

Someone ran into the back of my SC at the lights.

I guess that's why they're called impact bumpers!

Did you get the damage sorted and anymore updates on the car?

Right, I've dug this thread out as I have had the car dug our of storage!  I realise I rudely didn't reply to the above (sorry about that) - yes this was all sorted by the driver of the other car who paid for the repairs as opposed to making a claim.  Although I still get asked by my insurers about it occasionally so he must have at least informed his insurers! 

Just had the speedo sent away for repair as the odo stopped working, a bit of a service / refresh and then a new MOT.  I don't think I've seen the car since 2016 so I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel again.

Mechanically it only really wants for some gearbox work as it crunches a bit going into 2nd unless you go real easy, but that can wait til winter.

Cosmetically it needs s new set of carpets and the the sests really need sorting as have split.  It has standard non sport seats in fake leather so not sure what direction to take.  Do I get them redone, do I source something nicer (period recaros would be best), do I go for a pascha or houndstooth recover perhaps?

Don't have any photos of the interior on me, but will get some once I collect it (soon hopefully), here's a couple of pics from the last time I drove it.

81256951_525293201668472_7006481738575487639_n.jpg

21372383_168867056994808_938382699851153408_n.jpg

Haha, better late than never. Glad you have it sorted.

Can't beat driving a lovely 911 Cab in some of the glorious weather we have had (but not at the moment!) this year.👍👍👍

I assume you will be driving this on the 26th?

At the moment no, the plan is the drive my 924. If the cab is done and back on the road by then I would think I will though. 

Which 924?