Paint recommendations near Oxford

Well, Chesterton have nearly finished the metalwork on the car and I find myself needing someone to undertake a glass out respray. Does anyone have any recommendations near Oxford? Plenty of paint shops around but I'd prefer to know they do a quality job, and if they are familiar with old 911s so much the better!

Thanks,

Matt

Not Oxford, I'm afraid, but Robin Dalwood at Westcott Venture Park, near Aylesbury has done various bits for me, and is both excellent and reasonably priced. He does most of the paintwork for Autofarm. Proper old school.

Thanks for the recommendation Richard, I have heard of Robin but also heard of mixed results.

I've decided to go with SGM Racepaint in Banbury following some other tip-offs who apparently also do cars for Autofarm. There are a couple of project cars they've done at Autofarm at the moment so I'm going to try and pop in this week to see what the workmanship is like. I'm pleased with the bodywork by John and the team at Chesterton but bloody hell this is going to be expensive....will get a restoration thread up with pics when it's done.

Matt

I've used Supply Engineering' on a '72 Fiat 500 that we've just done up for my fiancé - based on the Heyford Park industrial estate. Very reasonable service, but a bit of supervision required, but I guess that's the same from all of them. They gave me a very detailed quote and stuck to it. Think they may have had a couple of personnel changes recently, but well worth checking out. Dan is the paint guy: 01869 233 479; 07885 728 443

Any questions PM me.

Chris

You might want to talk to these guys www.topgunrefinishing.co.uk/ in Kidlington

I visited them a few years ago, they seem to know their stuff as they used to paint all of Autofarm's cars.

I have no direct experience of using them but the guy responsible for painting the Mercedes F1 cars told me this is where he would go to have his road car painted which for me was as good recommendation as any.