Greg P

There are constant questions on what the IB market is doing and what is a fair price for different models. There is never a correct answer because a car is worth what someone is willing to pay and you'll always get some low and high priced cars distorting the picture.

The easiest way to track the market is to build up a picture of asking prices over time. This doesn't mean they will sell for that but it helps give an indication.

Hopefully this will be of use to anyone looking to buy/sell an IB.

I'm going to suggest capturing: Year/Model/Colour/Mileage/Any major details e.g. engine rebuild/Prviate v Trade/Price and a link to the add (which will be useful when live).

If people highlight new cars as they come on (we may get some duplication) then it'll be a great place for everyone to search and track IB's and their prices.

Thursday 15th August

Great idea for a thread and will be good over time to see how the prices are tracking (appreciate advertised price and what they sell are different :) )

Good idea, although note the urls will become dead as soon as he advert is withdrawn ?

Yes did note the URL's are good when live. The main point is having some text record which gives an idea of model, year, mileage, trade/private and price.

You can only tell so much from these pictures and really need to poke around to see if tin worm or anything else it lurking! :)

I am with Gary on this.

Good cars go for good money ,every now and then someone gets caught out as well and pays over the odds.

I have seen seemingly good cars sit for months ,you have to ask why.

I remember when everyone thought that their stuffed beetle was worth a fortune just because good examples were going for good money.

Monday 19th August

Edited by Greg P

^ I think that's the 3.2 on Jenveys backdated to 74 2.7 Carrera look by Tuthills a few years ago.

Check out the TB covers

Edited by Al_W

Yeah, the spec certainly adds up to the same car. It's a nicely done car that's been well finished and owes a lot more than the asking price.

In these funny times when everyone seems to have some strange obsession about the value of IBs that car doesn't seem too badly priced really.

Wednesday 21st Aug 2013

Lots more on the site ..

Edited by Djw

I like this idea, but it may be a shedload of work and ad description/pictures not painting a real picture of condition. I reckon maximum of just 25% of cars I have ever inspected have been worth the asking price.

Kudos though, Greg. Add the Turbo to new IB Splitters forum ;)

I like this idea, but it may be a shedload of work and ad description/pictures not painting a real picture of condition. I reckon maximum of just 25% of cars I have ever inspected have been worth the asking price.

Kudos though, Greg. Add the Turbo to new IB Splitters forum ;)

IB Splitters forum, shouldn't that be IB Holiday forum.

Once you've owned an IB there's always another IB in you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Friday 6th September

This one is still for sale which I orginally posted on Thursday 22nd August. I thought it would have sold in a flash as it's 911 Virgin!

Ref term "unmolested", how realistic is it for a car of this mileage and age, not to have some rot that needs sorting ?

Ref term "unmolested", how realistic is it for a car of this mileage and age, not to have some rot that needs sorting ?

Perfectly realistic -

It depends on history of car from new. If it started life as a second car driven mainly in the finer months and away from salt laden UK roads in winter then why not ?

<p>

Friday 6th September

This one is still for sale which I orginally posted on Thursday 22nd August. I thought it would have sold in a flash as it's 911 Virgin!

Looks nice in the pictures. Visited their website on almost a daily basis when I was in the window shopping phase of my 911 purchase.