Very nice indeed.

Problem with this topic is that, with the exception of Anthony, there's not much of interest to report as these newer models aren't really the things for owner mods & maintenance. Heck, did 2000 miles through France this summer in the Big diesel Pig and it was probably more akin to flying an airbus than sweating and wrestling with the steering wheel in the IB. Nonetheless very pleasurable though. Now I even have an ipad thingy to play music through the PCM system and my cronky phone blueteeths into it as well. Never thought I'd see a time that this house went all techno. But it still doesn't beat the perfect day in July when Tankman and I wasted £90 worth of unleaded thrashing the black speedster round the Leicestershire/Northants back roads.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a lovely turbo. So tempted to get one but worry the ££££ I've poured into my 964 will seem pointless after I've experienced the performance from a 996tt.

I know the cayman is obviously a very capable car however I have never desired one as IMHO they are the most unattractive car porsche ever made.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a fabulous day, I'll remember that one for a long time to come. Especially the bit as we made our way back to Chez Tank. Not sure what the speedo reading was when you turned to me me said "You don't care do you?"

I love my SC, but I REALLY LOVE my Cayman SV, but then again it's an SV and nowhere near standard

Your SV is the first (and only) Cayman I have looked at and thought I would quite like to own that. I normally can't get past the roof shape looking kind of odd on top of the Boxster body. Top marks to you sir!

1990 964 C2, junk yard chic at its best, get more looks and thumbs up than a Carrera GT

attachicon.gifP1110410.JPG

I fecking love that :)

Herewith The Domestic Management's toy, although I do note it's not on the list.

post-3301-0-82395700-1379688480_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

RB, come and have a drive of the demo car, however you may wish you hadn't.......

That invitation is open to all....

Don't take this as knocking IB's, I'm not selling mine, just a more modern alternative that you can use every day.

I reckon my SC with 220 bhp will compete up to 100 mph with my Cayman SV , not as good in the twisty stuff..........but fun is in the IB, efficiency and speed is in the Cayman

Dom, please keep your demo Cayman SV away from me :smiley_1140:

RB, come and have a drive of the demo car, however you may wish you hadn't.......

That invitation is open to all....

Don't take this as knocking IB's, I'm not selling mine, just a more modern alternative that you can use every day.

I reckon my SC with 220 bhp will compete up to 100 mph with my Cayman SV , not as good in the twisty stuff..........but fun is in the IB, efficiency and speed is in the Cayman

Dom if there is time when I'm at yours on the 6th Dec I wouldn't mind a wee shot?