My Cayenne V8 Daily Driver (on LPG)

johndglynn

Jon, It's not a problem here if you go the roundabout way. A little while back I had a petrol Amazon on gas. Bought a Calor tank off Donedeal and had it modded with a pump. ( not totally legit so you need to find a good unregistered gas man as the boys who issue certs won't get involved ) Also gas for home heating is a good bit cheaper.

Jon, just checked € 0.57 + vat

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wish you guys hadnt started chattin about v8 KN's, I've started to really like them and I'm due a new daily driver soon! Anyone got one they are selling? Dom you must have some nice ones stashed?

You should definitely check them out. I might be down your way one day: will text you if it comes about and you can try a spin in mine.

Delaney sold his silver one a few weeks ago - quite a nice spec and low mileage - but he does look after a few so something may happen.

Yes Boss, swapped our V8 for the CTS about 2 years ago, wifes car, she is still saving for 2 front discs!

Cool, that is a sweet DD. Those brakes are £££!!

Latest update on mine:

Squeak from front end turned out to be a balljoint with split rubber. I want to rebuild the front end this year so am fitting a new cheapo bottom arm for a few months and will refurb the whole lot both sides with OEM stuff in Summer.

New brakes all round just about to happen. NSF outer driveshaft gaiter incoming.

Still doing 17-18 mpg on LPG (34 mpg equivalent) and runs like an absolute champ. Back for my 1500-mile post running-in LPG tweak session sometime soon.

The good thing about the wishbones is they are the same as Towrags so quite cheap compared to OPC

Latest retail on front discs, £865.14 inc each!

• 2 weeks later...

You should definitely check them out.

thanks dude. I reckon a purchase is imminent, just waiting for either a close car @ right spec or far car @ #cheap :)

Are springs really the way to go? Even if im gona tow stuff? tbh I think id prefer metal over air but just wanted to check especially with the towing bit?

I have a little one on the way and need a second more practical car and an early Cayenne na V8 is within budget and more importantly better half loves them but I am concerned about potential cylinder scoring. Is this a common fault or about as likely to happen as Cook scoring a century any time soon?

I would like to think there is more chance of Cook getting a ton than bore scoring but as he cant get into double figures at the moment maybe not! You would have to be very unlucky, probably rarer than 996/997 troubles, the Cayenne is the best selling Porsche model after all!

Like many others I've been reading all of this with interest and would now consider the Cayenne whereas previously it was an absolute no-no. One question which I haven't seen answered regards the GTS - this looks to an outsider an ideal model for normal road use - slightly lower etc. but is it? If it has turbo brakes and other parts it could just be a money pit - any thoughts?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

GTS are great, it's pretty much a non turbo , turbo if you get my meaning, don't worry about the cost of Turbo brakes, they not so bad, it's the Turbo S brakes ( quite a rare car) that cost the money,

Unfortunately had to point out to a customer the other day that his recently acquired Turbo S, wasn't an S at all just a normal Turbo with a mere 450bhp......

But it must be it says so on the boot lid!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice, which model is it.

Its an early S, sensible spec, decent miles, perfect history and above all - heated seats and steering wheel!!

Traded in my trusty old tdi mk4 golf which ive had since 2006 so was kinda bitter-sweet as I really liked that (economical) car :)

Cant fault the cayenne so far, lots-u car for the ££

GTS are great, it's pretty much a non turbo , turbo if you get my meaning, don't worry about the cost of Turbo brakes, they not so bad, it's the Turbo S brakes ( quite a rare car) that cost the money,

Unfortunately had to point out to a customer the other day that his recently acquired Turbo S, wasn't an S at all just a normal Turbo with a mere 450bhp......

Later Gen 2 Turbos had the 2 piece front discs too!

everyone knows you can`t have a Cayenne unless its got heated seats and steering wheel, I mean who would own one without... :)

Honestly mate they are amziballs, hot by the end of the road and keep you nice and toasty warm throughout the journey - the heated wheel is pretty special too!

Whats the thoughts on tyres? And no i'm not buying some winter wheels(yet)

Honestly mate they are amziballs, hot by the end of the road and keep you nice and toasty warm throughout the journey - the heated wheel is pretty special too!

Whats the thoughts on tyres? And no i'm not buying some winter wheels(yet)

get the special heated ones, they give plenty of grip on cold mornings :ani_nerd:

Maybe we should come clean on this heated seat thing jev, or shall we leave it a bit longer....

I think we were probably rumbled before we even started :)

Just been for a blast on some local roads that I know. Wouldn't say its especially fast but by-eck it can hang on round the corners, impressed would be an understatement.

Fred dont worry dude, its all good ;)

Heated seats are great................................................................for keeping your pizza hot on the way home!

Mine now got a valve body issue in the transmission - needs a recon which is being done up in L'Pool. Delaney is swapping lower arms and doing a driveshaft gaiter at the same time. And I am going to give him the discs and pads to fit as he is trying to push my non-heated seat buttons.

Moaning about Cayennes is for those still stuck in the 1980s. We move with the times.

Ferdinand Porsche used to build tanks FFS, maybe you moaners should go buy a Leopard. Either way get off the thread and go somewhere else!

glynn you are officially a bad influence!

cayenne1.jpg

Did you register caynnebumpers.com yet ;)

Hahaha! Looks cool mate! I will come down for a natter sometime soon.