Federal 595RSR road legal track day tyres.

Von Twinzig

fast forward to 3.10:

I guess the tyre response is very different on a proper track car (on the video) if you compare it to a normal 80-90s 911. So, not sure it will help you.

I run these on my Nissan and have had no problems using them on the road. For what they are, I think they are great value for money. The grip in the wet on the road is something to be questioned, but then I guess no different from the likes of R888's. In the dry on the roads, they are grippy as you would expect from a track orientated tyre. I particularly like the way these perform on the track. Whilst not quite as good as R888's for all out grip, they are still heads and shoulders better than any other road tyre. I also found that when the tyres start to go off and lose traction, it was very progressive and predictable (if that makes sense) I would definitely run them on my 911 if I could, but they don't make the sizes I need for my wheels :( Unfortunately, it looks as though I only have the choice of R888's for 16x8/9, unless anyone can recommend something different?

Hope this helps :)

Just realise you weren't interested in road reviews, that'll teach me for not reading through properly...

FYI, I ran these on my first wet track day at Bedford in November last year (so cold as well as wet) I was particularly impressed with how these performed on the track in the wet. I was fully expecting to be sliding out of every corner and 4 wheel drifting all over the place, but with careful throttle control and a complete change to my lines, I was able to hold my own against the likes of Imprezas in terms of grip. I progressively increased my pace over the day and only had one "moment" when I lock up under hard braking, but fortunately was able to recover. All in all, very impressed with the wet weather performance, which is completely different to how they act in the wet on the roads. Perhaps something to do with the temperature in the tyres on the roads

Discussed at length with some others using these and consensus was close to 888s in the dry but not in the same league in the wet. As Dom and others have posted, the 888s are great in the wet up to the point of aquaplaning, so the benchmark is pretty high.

Eek!

Found the Toyos at Pneus for sensible money. Looks like they're better in the wet too, according to opinion.

I like them Steve , seem to be a good compromise.. , still fitted and will be doing Goodwood on the 15th march

I ran them and a set of old 888's at Donnington , prob me but couldnt get it right with either setup , at a greasy Brands and wet Oulton they worked well. , theres another vid somewhere later on at Oulton with Jev in full rain , iirc the R1R's kept me in front , you've seen my driving talent in France!

Not sure if they do IB sizes but Dmack are the future..... I promise you will hear much more of this company.....

http://www.dmacktyres.com/dmack-trackday-car-tyre. The main man, Dick Mcormack was head of Pirelli Motorsport for a long time, knows what he is doing and listens to what customers want, first used them on Rally GB in 2011 where they were approx 0.25 sec per km slower than the Michelin ( the benchmark tyre at the time) but were less than 1/4 the price.... May even be a Boxster running in Finland on them this year......;-)

They did a 205-50/15 & a 225-45/15 but last time I checked DT were asking silly money for these.

Dom,

If you can blag me a set, I will gladly trial and report back!

They did a 205-50/15 & a 225-45/15 but last time I checked DT were asking silly money for these.

Dom,

If you can blag me a set, I will gladly trial and report back!

The link shows pretty much everything you ever need in 16 inch sizes - 205/50, 215/50, 225/45, 225/50 and 245/45. It says "scheduled for production 2012". These look very interesting. Motorsport.co.uk are showing a 225/45x15 for £138 but I can't see the 16s or 17s for sale anywhere.

• 2 months later...

The Clio's Speedline Corse are shod with these. What did you think to them today?

I thought for the Tarmac sections they were pretty good, less so for the off road stages :-))

I thought for the Tarmac sections they were pretty good, less so for the off road stages :-))

That's your fault for PAXing with the artillery division :whistling::P

No one tried Nankang NS2R?

http://www.nankangtyre.co.uk/performance/motorsport/ns-2r

More track foussed than the Federals in the OP (Federals true trackday tyre is the FZ01, and closer to 888s in design but only half the price,

available on 2 compounds also

Ive got them on my 964 track wheels ad they are very good

Nots ure if they do the required sizes for IBs, though they dop 15 and 16inch

• 7 months later...

bolted Toyo R1R's to mine Twinset , use them for daily use and have done wet and dry trackdays with them , I like em..

da92dc5a4cbd017b0505d92f55af9bed.jpg

Paul, just out of interest - did you go for 245 & 205 with your R1Rs?

I can only see 225 instead of 245.

• 2 months later...