Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

Jim Rummy

930 picture thread

1986 4 speed, LHD 151000km. One owner from new. Discovered in Bavaria on our EuroTrip. It was mint.

Also for sale if anyone is interested ;)

post-6075-0-54403200-1434472894_thumb.jpg

Here is my Red one.

Love every time I drive her, sit in her, even look at her.

post-4490-0-75253400-1436869509_thumb.jpg

post-4490-0-77555600-1436869577_thumb.jpg

post-4490-0-35819000-1436869645_thumb.jpg

Yes they have that effect, don't they. Found the best time to drive them is in the early morning or early evening. Not a soul on the road and the air is crisp and full of O2, the acceleration is more potent oil is kept cool. What a blast :revs:

Ooft! That's a bit tasty Gavin, lovely looking car.

Some great looking cars in this thread. The 930 is another car I thought I'd get to own after a few years only to see them leap into the out of my reach bracket , bit like 964RS's and Gt3's :(

It's rare I see a slantnose that I like more than the std 930 Gavin - but yours is one - beautifully balanced with those side skirts - lovely

Gavin that's prurddy! Normally not a big fan of the slant nose as they look like a SA22 RX7... Kind of like a 934.75, sits between a 934.5 and a 935? IS there a story behind the pics because that is so well done

That green is so 70's love it. I normally do not listen to tunes in my car as i have enough entertainment watching the fuel gauge going down. At least mind is not a daily

Cheers, no real story behind the photo location, just thought it would make a nice backdrop.

Would be nice to find a derelict industrial area but none around here.

Sorry Gavin, didn't mean the pic location but the build its self. Did it start out life as a 911 SC?

ffe095f5cd87f67d74f4bf44c59de186.jpg

Here she is recently having taken my son and I to Bristol, in fine style, to browse Forbidden Planet for the boy's birthday present.

Looking good John! Knowing then what you know now would you still be doing a backdate with that turbo?

You would bring that up! It was never going to be collector grade with 100k on the clock, but if I was starting the project today I would have to think twice!

Mine

IMG_4184_zpsc4f158e4.jpg

IMG_4183_zps547c13eb.jpg

Was Speed Yellow a standard colour for IBs or was it a special order? Or has it been re-painted since?

i might be seeing the back of mine, deposit paid, regretting it already i think...

:cry:

You will regret I fear! Carreracat....looking neat Jim, cannot be that clean after a drive surely?

David.

You will regret I fear! Carreracat....looking neat Jim, cannot be that clean after a drive surely?

David.

Not sure why David, she isn't normally - it's all this sunny weather we've been having!

Sorry Gavin, didn't mean the pic location but the build its self. Did it start out life as a 911 SC?

Yeah its a 1980 SC with a whole list of modifications...and the list is building lol

Thought I had posted pics here, but don't see any. Anyway here are some old pics at my favourite car photo location, above Eze, and above Cabris, Cote D'Azur, France.

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg