pedal cluster 83 SC

HI, how do you disconnect the brake posts (one flat, one round) when you are trying to remove the pedal cluster?

Are they removed at the master cylinder end? When I look up from inside the car, I can see where the round one is attached higher up,

but the other disappears from view.

Very puzzled - increasingly this feels like a job there isn't enough detail about in 101 projects.

The flat torque/tie bar is connected with M10 bolts. One at the pedal box and the other is on the large casting that supports the master cylinder.

The brake rod is attached to the pedal with a flat spring clip and a wire spring clip at the brake actuator end.

The pedal box is fixed to the car with captive bolts.

You need a 13mm socket to get the nuts on the pedal box and the nuts hidden under the steering rack cover.

You also need to remove the support assembly that is under the passenger foot board.

Thanks a lot I think I'm clearer on what's happening . For the bolts holding cluster to floor I can see two inside the car. Are you saying there are two which are removed from underneath once you remove the steering plate cover? Thanks