Oil!

Hi folks I've been running Fuchs pro s 10w-50. Was considering using Millers classic nano drive 20w-50.

Any thoughts? Will this offer less protection cold? Looks like a good oil. My reason for switching is more convenience as I need to order the pro s.

Thanks

A fully synthetic high performance low friction engine oil intended for classic high performance vehicles, where this performance level is required on a regular basis. This grade forms part of the award-winning Millers Oils NANODRIVE Low Friction Technology range. Formulated to provide a very high level of protection for classic cars. Reduced friction leads to both power and torque gains, improved fuel economy and a reduction in wear and heat generation. ApplicationExceptional protection for vehicles requiring a 20w50 viscosity engine oil. Incorporating high quality fully synthetic base oils and modern innovative additive technology, combined with period viscometrics to provide optimum lubrication characteristics for engines manufactured in the immediate post war period through to the early 1980s. Intended for use in arduous applications such as sustained fast road use, track and motorsport. User BenefitsA reduction in friction of up to 63% providing a reduction in wear of up to 38% compared to other synthetic based non-Nanodrive 20w50 grades.The coefficient of friction reduces rapidly as the engine temperature rises, maximising fuel economy and reducing emissions accordingly. Protects against wear, extending engine component life.Overall running costs are reduced through lower fuel consumption and longer component life.Contains high levels of ZDDP (Zinc)Typical CharacteristicsSAE Viscosity 20w50Specific Gravity (at 15°C) 0.868Kinematic Viscosity (at 100°C, cSt) 18.5Kinematic Viscosity (at 40°C, cSt) 156.8Viscosity Index 133Pour Point (°C) <-15Flash Point (°C) >200Cold Crank Viscosity (cP) <9500Product Options

Silkolene pro s is 10w-50 too and one of the best oils there is.Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10w-50 (formerly known as Silkolene Pro S 10w-50) is simply one of the best quality engine oils there is! It's an ester based fully synthetic motor oil created to meet the needs of the most demanding driver.Pro S was previously available under the Silkolene brand - the engine oil of choice for motorists demanding a premium, ester synthetic engine oil. Pro S has now been re-labeled as Fuchs Titan Race Pro S and offers the same outstanding formulation. During the changeover, you may receive Silkolene or Fuchs Titan branded product.Fuchs Titan Race Pro S is available in 3 different viscosity grades - Pro S 5W/30, Pro S 5w/40 and Pro S 10w/50 (this product). Titan Race Pro S 10w-50 is particularly recommended for use in warmer ambient temperatures.Fuchs Titan Race Pro S is suitable for use in many modern cars and is particularly recommended for high performance engines. The full synthetic base fluid ensures that the products are thermally stable and extremely resistant to oxidation, even when stressed to the extremes of endurance.Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10w/50 is also known as:Fuchs Pro S 10w-50Fuchs ester synthetic 10w50 oilFuchs Pro S competition engine oilSilkolene Pro Race 10w50 oilSilkolene Pro S competition engine oil

Sorry for spacing

Millers also do a classic oil which reads well :

Multigrade: Classic High Performance 15w50

DESCRIPTION:

A modern full synthetic oil for high performance modern classics. Providing protection against high pressures and temperatures in multi valve,multi cam, normally aspirated and turbo, petrol and diesel units.

APPLICATION:

Use as received for engine lubrication of primarily pre-1980 vehicles, both petrol and diesel, which were developed on the multigrade oils of their time.

USER BENEFITS:

Incorporates modern additive technology with period viscometrics to provide the optimum lubrication characteristics for engines manufactured in the immediate post war period through to the early 1980’s

Suitable for highermileage applications where oil consumption is a problem

The modern technology ensures an oil which will meet the ‘period’ performance requirements along with upto- date specifications

Contains high level of ZDDP (Zinc)

PERFORMANCE PROFILE:

API SJ / CG4

ACEA A2, B3, E3

TYPICAL CHARACTERISTICS:

SAE Viscosity Grade 15w50

Specific Gravity@15°C 0.8840

Kinematic Viscosity@100°C 17.7cSt

Kinematic Viscosity@40°C 117cSt

Viscosity Index 167

Pour Point °C -23

Flashpoint °C 226

Cold Crank Viscosity 6,300

Porsche recommend 20w50 mineral for these cars.

Many tend to ignore this recommendation.

With the risk of starting another debate, save your money and buy Valvoline VR1 20/50 mineral.

It has a high zinc content and works well in air cooled engines.

+1 on VR1 - used it the past 6 years no issues - and I know Herr Tripe used it on mine previosly

Kieran

Porsche recommend 20w50 mineral for these cars.

Many tend to ignore this recommendation.

With the risk of starting another debate, save your money and buy Valvoline VR1 20/50 mineral.

It has a high zinc content and works well in air cooled engines.

Did they? I didn't recall that from my owners manual ... if so I'll go with a 20-50 happily...I thought it was 10w- something