Dyno day

stormwalker

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have a pic to hand, but it's a 6mm allen used to hold the seat rail to the floor. I suspect the easiest thing to do will be to take a hacksaw to the head and cut out a groove in that a large screwdriver head can then take out. But I agree, the combined mass of attendees will certainly work something out!

Ha! Correct gents!

Pre dyno checks peeps:

1) tyre pressures

2) wheel nut torque

3) oil and fuel levels

4) don't forget rear tow hook

Will be worth running your car up to temp before your individual run, I've found previously figures can improve after the 4/5th attempt.

Hmmmm... Rear tow hook... Standard item in tool kit? I'll have to check. Not paid much attention to what I've got in there. Maybe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have a spare from an 87 you can borrow

I've had a lot of dyno work done and not once have I ever fitted or been asked to fit the tow hook as a tie down. Not sure I'd want to use it for one either.

No, I've never had or heard of this - Can't really see the problem though, if it's got to be restrained then it seems a fairly sensible place?

Really great to meet everyone today! Good bit of chat and banter!

I thought I was very generous setting the HP bar low for you all to beat! ;)

Thanks for the top tip around Wide Open Throttle and showing me how far mine was from being full open! Sounds like a nice easy gain of 10-15 HP just from looking at that!

Perhaps I'll look at a chip afterwards! ;)

post-10965-141000380703_thumb.jpg

Really great to meet everyone today! Good bit of chat and banter!

I thought I was very generous setting the HP bar low for you all to beat! ;)

Thanks for the top tip around Wide Open Throttle and showing me how far mine was from being full open! Sounds like a nice easy gain of 10-15 HP just from looking at that!

Perhaps I'll look at a chip afterwards! ;)

Good to meet you Si

Should be an easy fix to recover the very end top end figure by freeing up the the throttle linkage- appeared to be a good 10mm before you hit the stop.

The Steve Wong chips comes recommended by all that fit one, and you have the data now to get a bespoke chip burnt. As (Paul) Longman said, even the standard off the shelf Sreve Wong chip is pretty good.

http://www.911chips.com/Perfchip.html

Good luck with it either way

Shirish

And now for the figures you've all been waiting for :) apparently one of the highest 'standard' bmw m30b35 engine figures they've recorded. The only non standard part is a set of newer 4-hole injectors off a US Ford of some description.

All taken with a pinch of salt as you must with a chassis dyno, but it does feel right on the button and compares well with the factory 220 bhp /232lbft. AFRs behaving themselves and if the OBC is accurate, the mpg is a pleasant surprise too.

Great to meet everyone, thanks to Rich (storm walker) for arranging. Great to see fat kenny's recently rebuilt 3.2 hitting factory figures , offering a great reference for the other runs.

78b1b3bd9fb379dbf4feb8261b28cdc9_zps2a06

71430e3beb25f71f6fe85af93a1b33e6_zps3442

'Live' MPG bottom left

4696ae91ddc8967939cc9128332ee0fd_zps2205

Thanks for a cracking morning chaps. Especially you Richard for sorting it out.

Well chuffed at my 240.4 Thank you Mr Wong ;) 25years and 124k with no rebuild work. Gotta be happy with that even with a chip!

Thanks for a cracking morning chaps. Especially you Richard for sorting it out.

Well chuffed at my 240.4 Thank you Mr Wong ;) 25years and 124k with no rebuild work. Gotta be happy with that even with a chip!

precisely how much mine pushed out after a sW chip before I went 3.4, nice result :)