Brake caliper refurb - before and after

SP72

So to recap seeing its not my lucky month with brakes:

Calipers off a 986 non S to fit the 16 inch Fuchs

Discs from a 3.2

Anything else?

Thanks

presume you have the 986 calipers just at the front with 3.2 rears?

think Boxster front and 3.2 rear is the general idea, that's what I've collected the parts to do this winter.

apparently it gives a good balance.

I still need to buy a new master cylinder - there was a thread on which one to get a while ago but never bought one at the time

think Boxster front and 3.2 rear is the general idea, that's what I've collected the parts to do this winter.

apparently it gives a good balance.

I still need to buy a new master cylinder - there was a thread on which one to get a while ago but never bought one at the time

I've had that setup for the last 7 years or so - works well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread. Looking at having my 3.2 calipers refurbished. Stumbled on this Boxster upgrade thread. Is it worth it or are gains marginal for spirited road driving?

My stock calipers need a good refurb in any case (if I upgrade anything, I try to keep the originals). Anyone have any good experiences with refurb companies? 

25 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Resurrecting an old thread. Looking at having my 3.2 calipers refurbished. Stumbled on this Boxster upgrade thread. Is it worth it or are gains marginal for spirited road driving?

My stock calipers need a good refurb in any case (if I upgrade anything, I try to keep the originals). Anyone have any good experiences with refurb companies? 

Hi Haith,

I don’t know where you are exactly but, there’s a brakes company in Wrexham called Brake Engineering.

They reconditioned my calipers and I’m very happy with the results.

They supply a load of motor factors around the U.K.

I took my calipers into my local motor factors (actually where I used to work) and they sent them off to them, they were returned about seven days later and were very reasonably priced.

The finish and quality is excellent.

You could try calling them directly or going on their website to see if they’d deal directly with you or, if not, they could advise you as to the nearest factors.

http://www.brake-eng.com/en/contact-us/

Regards

Russ

1 hour ago, Leicestershire said:

Brakes International in Rochdale have an exchange service.

The units supplied have the correct bright plate finish. Cost is around £100 / corner. 

Great price https://brakeparts.co.uk/shop/Porsche/911/77-89/911 3.0~3.2 INC Sc,sport,carrera/Front - Brake Calipers and Wheel Cylinders

1 hour ago, Busybee said:

Thanks @Leicestershire @Nige and @Rustybum. Just called Brake Engineering Russ. They turn over £55 Million a year! Refurb 2500 calipers a day! They only work through factors or their representatives. Chap I spoke to was ever so helpful. Sending me details over by email. 

They’re a really nice company to deal with and the products are good quality .

Hope you get a good price!

👍