Impact Bumpers
johndglynn

Orange Orange Orange

The ONE thing I miss from the Cab to the Orange is the smell of seriously good leather......

Something you'd like to share with us JG :whistling:

I am also now looking for a non-slip mat to fit across my fuel tank for tools when I am working under the bonnet. Think I have found some stuff that I can cut to shape.

Frosts do one JG - non slip mat

Nice mate ;)

I got my bolts today, so have redone my strut brace, though still got to sort what I am doing to space the rosejoints inside the mounts. I also bought proper stainless dome-headed bolts for the battery box, so that can go in tomorrow. Though I just discovered that I need some new heater drain tube :rolleyes:

I am also now looking for a non-slip mat to fit across my fuel tank for tools when I am working under the bonnet. Think I have found some stuff that I can cut to shape.

JG if you can`t find a suitable mat a worthwhile substitute would be a non - stick baking mat (Silpat, Exopat or similar) available in various sizes from kitchen shops. At last - a use for a chef on this site!!! :smartass:

I am going to Pertronix ignition this winter, and dizzyless mapped ignition in the fullness of time, but I'm still running points at the minute and they are past their best, as I discovered a few weeks ago. The cap is also looking old and the rotor is worn up top, as well as in the tab which fits into the spindle, making it impossible to set the timing properly. So this week, I ordered cap, rotor and points for the Orange, as well as some detail bits for SHU (heater control knobs, headlight screws inner and outer, coil pretector cover, and the gearbox selector rod seal), all via email from Anthony at OPC Silverstone. With the discount was just under £90 all in, which is cheap for the usefulness of the bits I got.

Lovely to pick up factory bits in nice placcy Porsche bags, even lovelier when they start off cheaper than EuroCarParts and Pelican, and even nicer still when they are discounted on top of that. Few sweet little jobs ahead of me this weekend then :)

gallery_1_2_132681.jpg

Funny, I spoke to Silverstone OPC today as Cambridge parts dept wouldn't answer the phone. Way better service and could get the parts next day if I ordered before 16:00...and they were cheaper than Cambs. Gonna use them from now on. Spoke to Rick(?), really helpful.

Spoke to Rick(?), really helpful.

Rik. Yes, good guys all of them. OK they're not as brotherly as Tripe, but they do have a slightly bigger shed for their bits (Berkshire someplace apparently).

A couple of nuts?! No way, that wouldn't be in the spirit of things on this car. No we will get some spacers machined, then in the long run triangulate and redo the brace in ally. This is what this stuff is all about - ultimate anoraknophobia. I love taking it to the nth degree in detail, it is brilliant :D

Ay up John, did you sort your spacers out for your brace???I will be off to do some brace's and spacer's when i return off my hol's the 25th so if you send me the size i will knock you some up...Ive got some nice thick alloy tube in to what i do them out of 30mm od & 5mm wall thickness and 25mm od 3.2mm wall thickness all high quality aircraft alloy...Cheers Nell...

if you send me the size i will knock you some up

Cheers Nell, Perky is gonna try doing them for me when I get him the sizes, but if I get stuck I will let you know!

Thanks for the kind offer ;)

Cheers Nell, Perky is gonna try doing them for me when I get him the sizes, but if I get stuck I will let you know!

Thanks for the kind offer ;)

Hi John no prob's just give us a nod mate...cheers Nell...

WOW ... I'm quite speachless. This looks for me like the IBs Holy Grale. Fabulously good looking machine ! Congratualtions ! ;):ani_clapping: Sounds magnificant too ! :rolleyes:

Edited by pukbud

WOW ... I'm quite speachless. This looks for me like the IBs Holy Grale. Fabulously good looking machine ! Congratualtions ! ;):ani_clapping: Sounds magnificent too ! :rolleyes:

Thanks mate, I dunno that it is the ultimate anything at the minute: it's got no wheels on it and the timing is a mile out, but it's getting there bit by bit.

Porsche_00.jpg

The Addams Family?

The Addams Family?

Munsters maybe more like it.

Hard to believe I hadn't started the car for 7 weeks until today. Started first turn but smoke everywhere for a while. Brought it home for some tlc as have some stuff to do with it this week.

First job was to get the Michelins on with the proper naked anodised rims:

gallery_1_2_18199.jpg

Second job:

gallery_1_2_6054.jpg

Get the new Wevo RS handles on there:

gallery_1_2_25782.jpg

Spent a while fitting the new points, rotor and cap, setting the dwell and then timing it. Sounds nice now but I still have an intermittent high tickover/slow return to idle - talk about irritating. Intake off tomorrow or Tuesday looking for leaks. Pretty skaty on these new tyres to start with & they don't half pick up gravel.

Looks dappa - any more pics of the wheels?

You got the 8's & 9's on?

You got the 8's & 9's on?

On the Cab at the minute:

gallery_1_2_23853.jpg

No better pics of the Michies as started getting dark earlier tonight, more tomorrow maybe. The poor thing needs a wash first. Flash highlights the outer tread but that's about it:

gallery_1_2_69190.jpg

Am I dreaming or you have french numberplates...?

Am I dreaming or you have french numberplates...?

I have lots of numberplates; French, Spanish, German, British, Irish, plenty to choose from mate.

Like James Bond on the DB5 in Goldfinger ...? :D

LOL, knob off you bunch of pisstakers and get back to work!

I once drove a DB5 in Silver belonging to a certain Mr Ryan, have to say I loved it.

Nice little lunchtime job, this is the 'black I' badge I got back from Jake:

gallery_1_2_17121.jpg

gallery_1_2_21963.jpg

gallery_1_2_31144.jpg

On the Cab at the minute:

gallery_1_2_23853.jpg

Got to say SHU looks great John, can’t believe someone has not done a deal with you yet, or are you not trying to pass her on at the mo ;)

Got to say SHU looks great John, can’t believe someone has not done a deal with you yet, or are you not trying to pass her on at the mo ;)

Cheers Digger, stil hanging on for that Lotto win mate. Not advertised it anywhere yet but should be out there soon. This week a busy one for me - next should be a little more relaxed with space for some quality SHU time.

John, 2 questions:

1. When can we get hold of the badges as per the Orange? I feel the need to co-ordinate my t-shirt with something...

2. The photo of your Michies - I assume these are 15s and TB15s?

Thanks,