Car Limits day - 6th May, North Weald

SilverWT

MarkJ and I have just booked a Car Limits training day at North Weald Airfield in Essex on the 6th of May.

There are two more spaces available and the more IBs the more the fun :steering:

http://www.carlimits.com/script/viewEvents.php?type=airfieldtraining&month=20150501Car

So, who else is in?

Mark

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to do one some time.

The 6th of May is "some time", so what's stopping you :cool:

These days seem to get booked up a long way in advance, which is why we are having to wait until May :rant_yellow:

Mark

So, I won't be joining you then :(

It's a good day, my mate enjoyed it, other than at the end when the instructor hooned around in his car for a bit. I have their DVD if anyone wants to borrow it before going on the day.

Have fun chaps

Kevin

Well done SP and Beaky, should be a great IB day with just 4 similar cars there and means hopefully everything they teach us on the day is relevant to our cars characteristics :)

Unlucky Kevin.

As Silver says, shame we have to wait until May !

So, I won't be joining you then :(

It's a good day, my mate enjoyed it, other than at the end when the instructor hooned around in his car for a bit. I have their DVD if anyone wants to borrow it before going on the day.

Have fun chaps

Kevin

Sorry to have 'bumped' you Kevin but would be keen to watch the DVD if you're happy to send it over (will cover p&p)

Shirish

You'll have a great day, but as earlier post, prepare to ruin a set of tyres, if I did it again i'd take my spare wheels as to be honest last time I was probably erring on the side of illegal/dangerous driving home.

'90 degree corner - i'd like you to take it at 85 with only one finger on the wheel'...... yikes :ninja:

Diito the above

I can barely read this through the tears...I am sure I'll be able to forgive you one day, just not today ;)

If you want to borrow the DVD, no problem, you can have it after Shirish has finished with it.

Kevin

Would like to do one some time.

The 6th of May is "some time", so what's stopping you :cool:

These days seem to get booked up a long way in advance, which is why we are having to wait until May :rant_yellow:

Mark

Only thing stopping me (other that the other 2 spaces having now gone) is I'm currently on the 4th week of being on holiday Sydney, Perth, LA, Las Vegas and very soon San Diego) :-))) and am haemorrhaging cash at the moment so couldn't really afford it right now. :(((

Maybe if another one comes up at a later date :)

I can barely read this through the tears...I am sure I'll be able to forgive you one day, just not today ;)

If you want to borrow the DVD, no problem, you can have it after Shirish has finished with it.

Kevin

Cheers,

I wonder if the DVD is cloneable?..............................................not suggesting we should...............................................

Sounds dodgy!

Hope you guys have fun. I wonder if a wet or dry day is preferred? Tyres will certainly prefer a dry day!

Good to see a lot of interest, I hope it is a good sign for other IB events in 2015. :)

If more people are interested in a "fun", less strenuous (on car and driver!) version Car Limits do group events which could make a good IB day out...

http://www.carlimits.com/script/viewEvents.php?type=airfieldactivity&month=20150401

They are for 25 cars at £49 each, the first available one would be 19th June, then 3rd July, 7th & 28th August and 11th September.

Is it worth posting this up as an event? Are we likely to get 25 participants?

Thoughts?

Mark

Sounds dodgy!

Hope you guys have fun. I wonder if a wet or dry day is preferred? Tyres will certainly prefer a dry day!

I could get some of those DVD's from Walkers Court, Soho if you want Jev?

• 3 months later...

Had a quick skim through the first page and see Kevin missed out first time around so surely he must have first dibs.

If he passes then I'm quite tempted SP, what's the deal with this? Is it a 4 man day thingie?

What a gent, Alex. I am not sure mine will be back on the road by then, so dib away. I might pop along for a watch and some pax action as I am off that day.

Cheers

KJ