Wipers stop when washers actuated

Mine freeze if I'm not positive with the stalk, I can pull the stalk in half cocked position and the squirters squirt but wipers don't play. Pull the stalk alittle harder and everything works properly.

You must have a floppy stalk :)

• 8 years later...

Thread resurrection.

After new CR fuse board installation and associated electrickery repairs, I have not been able to resolve the windscreen wash function problem with the wiper stalk.

I can't seem to find any references to repairs involving wiper stalk switch contacts (plenty for the headlamp stalk switch).

Is the only solution a new switch at well over £330?

Any ideas/ advice?

Update.

Tried to order from cheapest supplier - Porscheshop (£337.48 incl VAT & delivery) but couldn't complete transaction online - waiting for them to get back to me.

In the meantime, I tried D911 (£385.89) as I have used them for loads of stuff previously and availed myself of their Pricematch Promise - this brought the price down to £336 incl VAT & delivery.

However, I have now had an e-mail from them to say that the item is on backorder without an estimated time of arrival.

Out of curiosity, I contacted my friendly OPC parts department where I was given a price of £262.81 incl VAT and no delivery charge as I can just collect it.

The only drawback is that it is on back order with Porsche with an estimated time of arrival Week 40.

Happy to wait and save £73-odd quid.

Moral of the story:  ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR OPC FIRST