CS intro

88clubsport

Thought I'd reach out and introduce myself. I joined ImpactBumbers with the hope of staying on top of the pricing of the Club Sport. I am the US Club Sport Register contact person in the US and since there were only 28 CSs imported to the US, it is difficult to stay on top of CS valuation. Of the 28, only 25 are left in the US, 3 went back to Europe.

If you are aware of any recent sales, please post so the the US owners can use to support insurance valuation.

Attached is a couple of pics of the 88 CS, my 04 GT3 and the 77 RD that I grew up with :)

Thanks,

Craig

post-12093-0-48776300-1425081702_thumb.jpg

post-12093-0-46720100-1425081736_thumb.jpg

post-12093-0-83216600-1425081943_thumb.jpg

post-12093-0-48320900-1425082074_thumb.jpg

Mark,

In the US we actually could order the CS in any color. Of the CS's brought to the US the following is the color breakdown:

Grand Prix White (14), Dark Blue (4), Black (4), Silver Metallic (2), Guards Red (1), Yellow (1) Gulf Blue (1) and Diamond Blue Metallic (1).

I actually prefer the white/red CS's in Britian better. So much so that I took me track SC (with a '84 3.2 sawp) and made clone. Wish I never sold that car.....no S/R, roll up windows etc. Attached is a pic of her :(

post-12093-0-80197600-1425254784_thumb.jpg

Welcome Craig, you have some nice 911's. I wish I had of got a 996 GT3 when I had the chance but unfortunately I didn't see the massive price rise we have seen over recent years. On the plus side I did get my CS before the train left the station.

Seems you have a similar number left in the US as we have over here in the UK, are they all RHD? Any with interesting options?

Good luck with tracking the pricing, there is one for sale at a dealers over here with 40,000 miles at £179k! It hasn't sold so I guess it means it is either overpriced or the lucky new owner hasn't won the lottery yet. I am not sure what the last car for sale went for but am sure someone on here will know.

There does seem to be many GT/RS/Turbo/Interesting air-cooled cars on the market here at the moment at very high prices. And they seem to be sitting at dealers and not selling. Does that mean they are overpriced? Or that those that want those cars already have one?

Who knows, sometimes I think they are overpriced then I start thinking about what they are and what is comparable and start thinking they are priced right.

All I do know is that if the bubble people keep talking about on these prices does burst I will be first in-line to get one!

All the best,

Jamie.

Hi Craig and welcome to the forum - there were originally 53 CSs in RHD in the UK; I think all bar one were in GP White. I am a CS owner and have been watching the price rise over the last few years......

I have mine insured for an agreed value of £100K but it seems that it may be undervalued! The car referred to by Fulla is on sale at Hexagon for £179,950 and has done 10,000 more miles than my CS!

Perhaps you should contact John Glynn (Mr Impact Bumpers) who carried out the most recent valuation of my CS as he probably has a better handle than most on current values.

Jon valued mine last year as well so I would get in touch as Snufkin suggested.

I think at each insurance renewal us lucky CS owners will have to get them valued as I suspect they will continue to increase.

I think at each insurance renewal us lucky CS owners will have to get them valued as I suspect they will continue to increase.

Everyone should.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, A Clubsport has just sold here in the UK at RPM, see http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/sales/vehicle/3-2-clubsport-m637/. It was advertised at £120k and had about 120k miles on the clock. Don't know exactly what it went for but I suspect it would have been very close to the asking price. I know of 2 others CS's which have just had their insurance agreed valuation increased, one is at £150k, the other £140k.

There’s also an article in Total 911 about the CS, which is perhaps generating some more interest. It is though a bit of an advert for the Hexagon car, which looks like its sticking at that price. Also they've got a few things wrong about the CS, for instance I don't think it ever had a lightweight starter motor.

You're right 32FlatSix, the Total 911 article is incorrect; I have a copy of the original Service Information document published by Porsche in 1987 for the Club Sport (M 637). This sets out the full deviations/omissions for the Club Sport from the standard 3.2 Carrera. In respect of the Electrical System, it lists the following deviations:

1. Tachometer with different red range; 2. Simplified wire harness; 3. Smaller diameter starter motor leads; 4. M 451 (includes door-mounted radio speakers and antenna amplifier).

In my experience a lot of magazines are inaccurate - insufficient research perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

Sunken any chance you can get me an electronic copy of the document you mention from Porsche please? I'd be interested to have that to add to my file.

Just getting mine valued again which will be interesting.

A yellow club sport? I cannot imagine a more beautiful thing. Perfection!!!

Les, that's either a very limited imagination or you need to get out more ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Anyone been to see the club sport for sale at top 555 in Oakham . Not sure how much they want but with only 6000 miles on the clock it is priced higher than the Lamborghini which is £299k.

This is becoming madness........although, if you're a CS owner, it is a very nice sort of madness :woohoo:

The 40,000 mile CS at Hexagon advertised at £179,950 now seems to have sold, presumably at somewhere around the advertised figure. And now this admittedly incredibly low mileage example is going for silly money although I do wonder what it's mechanical condition is like with only that mileage over 27 years......? In my experience, cars that have such a low annual mileage often have problems as a result of underuse.

These cars are for driving and ones like this one at 555 are unfortunately probably going to end up 'mothballed' in someone's collection; a real shame with only 53 on the UK roads.

So the 555 car is around 250k ... Just had my 17 k miler serviced by main dealer for 257 quid.. No mothball issues I'm glad to report! John Glyn recently did a valuation for insurance purposes and was of the opinion the hexagon car wouldn't sell for that money. Tend to agree. A lot of these cars are SOR and turn up after a while at another dealer.. To be honest I think amongst all the air cooled cars 964 RS still looks stand out (relative) bargain as a true RS ...

And I believe there are nowhere near the original 53 left in the UK, plenty have gone to oz alone

Hey Alan trust you are well? I never want to sell the CS as it is a perfect car for me, have you still got the turbo? I still have the 993 which is over 150k in miles now.

The problem I guess with the values of these is potentially you get to a stage, think 2.7 RS, when there is too much value in them to enjoy them. Also SWMBO starts to see a car that equals the cost of paying off the mortgage.......

This seems a similar situation to many 964 RS owners who bought when they where unloved, have enjoyed them and now they are sitting on 6 figure cars that continue to climb in value.

• 1 month later...

Hi rmurphy5,

Sweet looking CS you have there!

Be really interesting if you do go on a rolling road to see bhp figures; it's always been thought that the blueprinting would add maybe 5% or so......