Impact Bumpers
Bugs 77

"Wonder Woman is in the house!"

Bugs, you cannot do better than investing in one Jonny’s box of magic tricks! Car looks great by the way.

regards,

David

Cheers David,

yep, it's the right way to go. Does Jonny want or need an exchange core?, I can send him one but maybe the distance rules that out as not too cost efficient.

Here's a video by iphone of the exhaust. Was a bit cold, should have had a little bit of the old hand throttle on.

Ha! doesn't sound that good on there, need better recording gear, much better in the flesh.

"Rip the guts out of it, Jeffrey!"

Heh heh. Thanks for the sound clip, Bugs. Doesn't sound noisy, but then it is cold.

What's it like in the cabin? Any droning/resonating going on?

On 5/31/2018 at 1:13 AM, Bugs 77 said:

Cheers David,

yep, it's the right way to go. Does Jonny want or need an exchange core?, I can send him one but maybe the distance rules that out as not too cost efficient.

Jonny normally sells replacement units without the need to send your old one in, unless you particularly want the new magic guts built into your original casing.

Peter

6 hours ago, Dr Rock said:

"Rip the guts out of it, Jeffrey!"

Heh heh. Thanks for the sound clip, Bugs. Doesn't sound noisy, but then it is cold.

What's it like in the cabin? Any droning/resonating going on?

The closest it gets to a drone is at 70-80 kph in 5th but is quieter or lighter tone at our 100-110 kpm (2800-3200 rpm) cruising speed, can still hear the radio or have a decent conversation but no real annoying resonating. But pootling around the streets is where its at, supercar stuff with the sports exhaust button stuck on. You hear everything the motors up to,  so the car is now all feedback and fun without having to stretch the law too much.

The blue car now has a new home, it will be here in WA for a couple of months more then shipped across the country to NSW when it's new owners relocate.

Having sold her I'm having sellers remorse, I'm not sure  it was the right thing to do, really should have kept and developed the car further. Values for good cars here in Aust. are still very high, hence why I sold the car, but the money is helping to get one of my daughters into her first home. My thinking is to wait and see if values cool a bit then look for a 930, at the moment they are still way up there for a good one, so much so that cars like MK1 996 GT3s and MK1 Cayman GT4s are cheaper and look like better investments allround. 964s don't add up either and as good as 993s are they don't quite grab me.

So I'll just sit tight for a bit and have a think.1022956996_IMG_04621.thumb.JPG.5bbbeb96fcda0266436acb71c8aa9ad8.JPG

The 74 with her new owners, Dave and his wife are long time VW and Porsche enthusiasts and so is in good hands.

Hi Phil ... the blue car is now on the way to Sydney and will be there about the 20th of Sept. I won't be happy until I see it there all in one piece ☹️

In the short time I have had it its fair to say I have grown very attached to it, so I understand how you feel. He is in good hands and will be well looked after. At the end of the coming summer  I will be taking him off the road for winter to do a lot of work to the interior and touch up the exterior. 

Not sure if I will go down the RS clone path yet, but I have plenty of time to think about it.

dfR8Vj7MRduaWzrtYCaDzw.jpg

Good luck with the move Dave, I'll let you know what I do next when it happens.